Please suggest speakers for around 15k.

reddy8155

Disciple
I'm looking to buy speakers.

My requirements:
Price: 15k, can go till 16k.

Looking for "Jack of all trades". Songs, movies and games.

Will connect to a pc.

Most of all reliability, need something that can last for 5 years (last speakers i'm gonna buy with my dad's money)

Kinda interested in Z5500. Anyone know latest prices for these?

Go for z5500, its the best for that price..My brother has it.. u can talk to him if u need..His id of TE is: "strategy"

TheIndian said:
Bose 5.1 or something for computers,

listen to them before you listen to people ranting against them

His budget is 15k not 50k as he has already mentioned :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

z-5500 and S550 both are good, go for a demo before finalizing.

logitech Z-5500 is THX speakers

505 watts of surround-sound power meets THX®-certified performance to deliver thunderous

TheIndian said:
Bose 5.1 or something for computers,

listen to them before you listen to people ranting against them
The OP mentions his budget as 15k. I haven't heard of the Bose Companion 3 retailing for 15k let alone a 5.1 system!

@OP: sg3707 has a valid point. The S550 doesn't accept digital inputs so cannot decode Dolby-D and DTS signals which the Z5500 can, when connected to a source that can output them. Eg. PC, PS3, X360, media player etc.

Haven't been to TE in a while.

Change of plans. Decided to buy a pc after june. Kinda busy now, plus i want to wait for AMD Bulldozer. So will decide on the speakers then. I'm more interested in Z5500 as it can accept optical input and a lot of motherboards have that. Will save me some 4k by not needing a sound card.

Go for Z5500D. Currently using it with Optical In. There a lot of difference when you are using Digital Input. Ran a few HD movies. Could really use the DOLBY DIGITAL and DTS. Grab the Z-5500 D before the launch of Z-906, the later is a replacement to the Big Brother. I got it for 15.5K here in Pune. Might get it around 16-16.5K in your place.

I got my z5500 from Lamington road - Mumbai @ 14.5k..they might drop down further now that their successor z906 is announced....i maintain that if u r connecting this with a PC then there is no way any other speaker set with outperform the z5500

Back