PC Peripherals Please suggest UPS+TV Tuner+1TB HDD

pretttt

Skilled
Hi guys,

I need suggestions for a good reliable UPS. I'm currently using a Wipro 500UPS Special. No idea how good or bad it is but was using it fine for about 2 yrs with my 8600GT card. But recently bought a 4870 and after using that card for 1 month, my VX450 died. Just got a brand new VX450 yesterday. Dont know what went wrong but really suspicious about the UPS. Budget, not sure maybe about 4-5K. Less if possible, more if necessary. Just throw in the suggestions, I'll see what I can afford. Backup time not important. Just enough to shutdown safely.

TV Tuner card: budget upto 2.5K. Internal, since I want to able to record shows. Hope to be able to connect my Hathway settop box as input to it. If that is not possible, then normal cable connection.

HDD: 1TB HDD. I've seen people mostly suggest WD Green or Seagate 7200.12. I'll buy whichever is better. Prices seem to be 4-4.5K.

Thanks in advance

if u hav a pci slot then go for winfast dtv 1800H
and if u hav a pci ex 1 slot then u can get winfast pxDTV2300H both hybrid tv tuner and can receive both analog and as well digital signals.

Although I'm running 4770 on VX450-APC500VA , the cheapest safe option seems to be APC BACK UPS 650VA for ~3k. Try to get a 800VA if you can afford. My 500VA gives me 5-7minutes backup though.

But here are the official facts.

500VA -> 300W So VX450 can deliver 300x82% = 246W

650VA -> 400W " " " " 400x82% = 328W

800VA -> 540W " " " " 540x82% = 443W //Optimum to extract the full power from VX450

On load, my rig(specs in siggy) never goes above 200W, so I'm safe at 500VA. Considering you have a 4870 which consumes 60-70W more than a 4770, you are too safe with 650VA.

Thanks for the replies guys.. but it is a really old thread. I got stuck with my graphics card problems and completely forgot about the thread.

Anyways I've bought the WD Green 1TB hard disk. Seagate 7200.12 was available for a cheaper price, but I was worried about the risks. Had heard a lot of bad things about it.

Still looking for a TV Tuner card. In SP Road, all I could find was Avermedia cards. I'm not able to find a card with all the features I want like Analog+Digital, Hardware Encoder and if possible dual tuners.

As for UPS, based on what Sabby said, it is clear that I need atleast a 650VA. 800VA would be better though. I think I'll probably wait for some time and get the 800VA only. Anyways, I'm going to upgrade my system to a Core i5 soon (November). So better get the powerful one. Will start a thread for my Core i5 upgrade soon!! :clap:

pretttt said:
800VA would be better though. I think I'll probably wait for some time and get the 800VA only. Anyways, I'm going to upgrade my system to a Core i5 soon (November). So better get the powerful one. Will start a thread for my Core i5 upgrade soon!! :clap:

well AFAIK apc 800va is EOL.so u will need to go for a 1100va.
stay away from ups like HP800va.

Back