Budget 21-30k Plex Media server + game emulator

colors6

Disciple
I'm looking for a 24*7 media server which can also be capable of running emulator like Dolphin.

The media server should be powerful enough for 4k hardware transcoding on Plex. I have Plex lifetime plexpass.

This Intel nuc costs ₹17500. I will buy ram + SSD storage seperately. I will probably run Linux on it and attach to my 55" 4K TV via HDMI

Is this hardware outdated or would you suggest anything better?
@vivek.krishnan

I'm looking for a 24*7 media server which can also be capable of running emulator like Dolphin.

The media server should be powerful enough for 4k hardware transcoding on Plex. I have Plex lifetime plexpass.

This Intel nuc costs ₹17500. I will buy ram + SSD storage seperately. I will probably run Linux on it and attach to my 55" 4K TV via HDMI

@vivek.krishnan

I'm not selling but wanted to chime in that I have a 7th gen i3 nuc which had the good graphics from Intel... Have been using for native 4k playback, full bluray not ripped and about 4x bitrate compared to amazon or Netflix 4k streaming.... Everything works perfectly for past 6 months now .. Use kodi as my player

I'm not selling but wanted to chime in that I have a 7th gen i3 nuc which had the good graphics from Intel... Have been using for native 4k playback, full bluray not ripped and about 4x bitrate compared to amazon or Netflix 4k streaming.... Everything works perfectly for past 6 months now .. Use kodi as my player
Can you share if this can be bought online. Any link?

@kuduku thanx. :)
@colors6 I am selling 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-NUC with 8GB RAM.
PM for any query.

Hi,
I would suggest to buy the i5 nuc. It was Available for 21k all inclusive at primeabgb in March 1st week. 1 friend I know bought it as well.
Exact model - Intel nuc8i5BEH
Was available for 22k on amazon last month. Have attached the screenshot. Wait for somedays for price to go low again or pickup locally.

I personally have gigabyte brix nuc. Gigabyte brix j4105. If you want i can test something on it if you want.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210506-214044.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-214044.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

@vivek.krishnan

I would suggest to rather bump up to an i5 as you would want to run emulators. The cost on Amazon was around 25K and it might drop.

The hardware is technically outdated by today's standards - this is a 7th gen and the 8th/10th/11th gen would be far better if you could lay your hands on it.

Correct. For those who want to know - Intel QuickSync post 6th gen (Skylake) has H264 & 265 encoding/decoding, the latter limited to 8bit.

Back