Plex sharing

TheBark

Disciple
So i posted this in another thread but thought of opening a dedicated thread to gauge interest

I have a pretty big pled server around 48TB of storage. I was about to cancel it because of monthly costs but thought of maybe working something with folks here. Essentially id install overseer and plex overseer would allow all members to request whatever shows or movies theyd want and it would automatically download them and make them available via plex.

Depending on how many folks sign up the cost would be adjusted that way. If 10 people are interested cost would be around 900 per person monthly. If 20 of you are interested then it would come down to 450 per person. I initially have a cap of 20 max users initially to see how it would handle the load. Ideally I would like to keep it limited to folks who have been involved with TE for a while now.

So who is in?

Think people will be interested in knowing your server details with how many streams it can handle remotely first. No offence but 900 per month seem to be high to me.

Think people will be interested in knowing your server details with how many streams it can handle remotely first. No offence but 900 per month seem to be high to me.
It can do over 10 simultaneous 1080p streams easily. Maybe even more but that's what I've tested so far. Server is 5 Gbit/s network located in Netherlands.

It is indeed a little on the higher end but if folks want they can watch stuff from multiple platforms in one place without having to pay for them.

Back