PC Peripherals pls hav a look at my config

VimJ

Disciple
guys i hav waited 4 months for buying this config and yes i m quite happy at the decision since prices hav dropped for almost everything:) ....i hav decided on the following config and i need a few suggestions.......

core2duo 6600

gigabyte ds3 mb (or shud i go for msi neo platinum or asus ones pls suggest)

seagate 250gb hd

1gb/2gb transcend 667 mhz ram

nvidia 8600gt(here i dont know whether to go for xfx or nethin else bcoz on te i read tht xfx doesn hav sme hdmi thing whereas one of the other company does if it s true lemme know the other company pls)

19" lcd monitor - samsung nw or viewsonic one

altec lansing atp3 speakers

and yeah i cant shell out much cash on cabbie and psu....so please recommend a good looking and "performing" cabinet and psu i guess for arnd 3k or 3.5k ... i don think i can afford antec or chieftec:( ....

good config, all 3 mb are good but afaik only the gb ds3 has all solid capacitors

get atleast 2 1 gb sticks

and get a bigger badder hdd, 320 or 400 GB seagate 7200.10

I'd prefer an ASUS from personal experience (used 5 asus boards, all workin till today, touchwood!).

Get the Seagate 320GB 7200.10, hardly 4.2k now.

Get 2GB 667, a bare minimum for running newer games smoothly.

As for the HDMI thing, yeah POV has it and XFX doesn't so I'd kinda prefer the POV as long as you get proper support. Not to forget, it a tad cheaper too ;)

All the best !!

a friend of mine recently got a zebbronics lava and it seemed to be a good cabinet for the price(arnd 1.4k). it has a blue lcd display at front indicating the chassis temp and two temperature controlled 80mm side fans and a rear 120/90mm fan mount. the only problem i thought was that the case temperature above which the side fans start spinning are set at 38c, and even if you change them, they are reset as soon as the pc is powered off. but it looked quite nice.

for a psu get a powersafe dual rail 500w for arnd 2.5k.

the rest of the system looks nice:)the gigabyte 965p-ds3 has all solid capacitors that are said to be better than the standard electrolytic capacitors, get that if you find it.

Dont buy Pwersafe, not when you can buy

Cooler Master eXtreme Power 600W (thats actually 500W continuous) for 3.5K

got 34A +12V; can handle what you got easyyyyyyyyyy

get any cheapo ATX cabinet for around 1.2K

dont comprimise on the PSU though

Back