Pls Help: Connecting multiple laptops on Reliance Wimax

Hi friends

I've gone thru this thread on Reliance Wimax and its good to know that it is possible to connect a wireless router to a Wimax connection :
http://www.techenclave.com/wireless-internet/reliance-wimax-connection-103575-1.html

But unfortunately, I've not been successful to activate wi-fi at my place despite spending several hours on the same.

Requesting your help in the same..Here are the details:

Connection: Reliance WiMax 1 Mbps (Dynamic IP)
CPE/Modem (Provided by Reliance): PowerDsine 3001
Wireless Router: Netgear WGR614 v9
Login: Web-based

I need to share this internet connection on 3 notebooks using the wi-fi router. Pls help me out here guys. :S

Thanks.

could you state your problem more clearly...

1. have u been able to connect to ur wifi network from all three laptops??

2. are u able to connect to wimax from any1 of ur laptops??

a general step by step process

1. connect ur reliance network cable to the wan port of the router

2. set ur wan connection as dynamic ip

3. check that ur router is getting a dynamic ip from wimax on the router status page.

4. setup a wifi network on the router with dynamic ips like 192.168.*

5. connect ur laptop to the wifi network...ur laptop shud get an ip like 192.168.*

6. try to go to the wimax login page and log in...

7. if u can log in u r done...

Thanks bro for your kind post.

Fortunately, I got it working before I could check back on this post.

What you've suggested is indeed correct and I had tried that yesterday as well but don't know why I could not get internet working on any of the 3 notebooks, however they could all access my netgear router.

After reading up a bit on other forums, I reset my Router and cloned the MAC address to my computers' and it just worked. After that, I had to login on one machine and the rest were auto connected to the internet.

Upon checking the router settings page, I could see the IP address, DNS, etc. which were all "0.0.0.0" earlier.

Back