Pls.help!! need advice on safe way to transport dogs

Next week i am going back to trivandrum to bring my dog to baroda.But here lies the problem......I have talked to both air india and jet airways and they have both refused to do so:( :( ........they say since it's not a direct flight to baroda (have to goto bombay from trivandrum and then board another flight to baroda) they can't take him....It's an over-aggressive pomeranian and since my mother will be joining me, it has no place to live:( :(

So pls. suggest a way to safely bring him to baroda.

ask airlines if they take pets on direct flights.

If yes then dont take connecting flights. Take 1 to mumbai, and get hold of ur dog when u get there and then take next flight again. Will cost you few hours.

Otherwise road or train is the only option.

They have special compartment for keeping a dog in the gaurd's cabin in the trains. So i guess an overnight train journey shud be the right way to bring him..take care to have a look at him at a few stations en route if u opt for a train journey.

Or else, do as funky says, if taking a connecting flight, get hold of him at mumbai and then take another flight with a gap of a few hrs in between. Tht shud not be a problem with the flight guys.

do anything but dont even think of abandoning the poor doggy..:no:

if you cannot fly , which will be a bad idea since he is aggressive and you probably will have to give him a sedative to keep him calm, i suggest you drive

Actually giving him a sedative approved by a vet is a gr8 option if he is aggressive. Also it'll be better since he'll not feel tensed during the long journey if u take a train...

Thx guys.Will do what funky suggested.

Driving is usually a good option but in this case won't work...For i can't drive all the way to bombay and he(my doggy) won't allow others to even enter my car.train won't work either.....the last time i tried that he nearly died......They keep dogs in a cramped rusty cage like thing in the gaurd's cabin.......Since it's peek summer it gets very hot and my dog won't be able to handle it.....the last time i took him on a train journey,he refused to eat.Only drank water.That was it!!.......i don't think he will last 2 days in that cabin....infact i don't think he will even enter that cabin again.....he'll bite me before he does that:bleh: :bleh:

So will take direct flights instead of connecting ones.Also does anyone have any idea where to buy these dog cages to transport them??Or is it better to have one custom made for the dog?? Or do you think it will be better to transfer him via DHL??

do anything but dont even think of abandoning the poor doggy..

Nope will never do that.. But it's nice to see someone care about dogs:hap2: :hap2:

ask they airlines if they have a dog cage.. save some money. the person i saw last time checked in her dog and returned the cage to jet at the end of the journey

Back