Pls Help related to paypal and netsafe transaction query,,,

vishalp

Recruit
Hi All,

Please help me, last night i created a Netsafe card of rs 600. I went to the merchant site and selected Paypal to pay but it gave me error" Transaction could be authorized". So, i decided something could be related to account, so i clicked in confirm card and suddenly i get to know that 1.95$ has been charged which will be reverted back in 4-5 working days, so my card was confirmed and i believe i will get my credit back.
My que is how will get my 600rs back in my hdfc account since my transaction had failed....Please help me because i am not aware of paypal how will my money be back in my account....Pls help me to solve it.

Thanks

If you are using Netsafe, do not confirm the card, just add it and make the payment as Netsafe is a one time use only card.

My PayPal account has been limited because i tried to remove 2-3 HDFC VCCs and added 2 on the same day. Now the PayPal Customer care says that the limitation can be removed if i assure to use a regular CC in future. Does HDFC debit card work with PayPal?

My PayPal account has been limited because i tried to remove 2-3 HDFC VCCs and added 2 on the same day. Now the PayPal Customer care says that the limitation can be removed if i assure to use a regular CC in future. Does HDFC debit card work with PayPal?

Axis Debit And ICICI Debit card works, never let your Paypal accounts marry your virtual card, you'll have a horrible result :D

Crossx : Yes I had faced the same problem once.

HDFC Debit does not work. ICICI debit card works.

Axis Debit And ICICI Debit card works, never let your Paypal accounts marry your virtual card, you'll have a horrible result :D
I created a new account in Paypal today and saw that in the add card section, MasterCard/Visa/American Express/Discover Credit & Debit cards were the options that are present.
Does HDFC not provide a MasterCard or VISA debit card? If they do, then why does it not work with Paypal? Have you tried adding a HDFC debit card to your PayPal account recently?

Just when I had made up my mind to open a HDFC account(want to use NetSafe), here comes a bummer and makes me think again.

Are all Axis & ICICI debit cards guaranteed to work with Paypal? Or is it a hit and miss affair?

Edit:
AXIS
After a lot of searching found the No Frills Account of Axis Bank (http://www.axisbank.com/personal/ac...zaadi-no-frills-current-account-features.aspx).
Is this a savings account or current account? Other than no minimum balance requirement, what is the difference of this account with a normal savings account?

http://www.moneyminto.com/blog/banking/zero-balance-account-axis-bank.html
This page says that a minimum amount of Rs.5500 is required for opening the account. Is this true or some typo?

ICICI
http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/account-deposit/No-Frills-Account/index.html
Looks like they do not offer Internet Banking with the No Frills account :(

This is the reason i use icici b2 vcc with paypal, the cc no remains the same , you can recharge the cc with any amount (min 500) whenever you want to make payment , paypal thinks its real cc because the cc no never changes

@hotshot05 : PayPal has no issue in adding a debit card, its the Indian banks which are not allowing it. I tried a HDFC Visa Debit card 2 months back and it didn't work, not sure whether it changed.

Go for the ICICI b2 account as @Arjun mentioned in that case.

Last edited by a moderator:
So do all ICICI visa debit card work with PayPal? I have ICICI account with ATM card that it originally came with (its MasterCard). Can I request bank to issue me a visa debit card?

hotshot05 : PayPal has no issue in adding a debit card, its the Indian banks which are not allowing it. I tried a HDFC Visa Debit card 2 months back and it didn't work, not sure whether it changed.

Go for the ICICI b2 account as Arjun mentioned in that case.
ICICI Bank b2 branchfree banking (Read the comments after the post)
Depositing and withdrawing money to/from a B2 account seems to be PITA unless one has another normal savings account in ICICI. I have to manually link each account(of other banks) that I want to do transactions with by providing a cancelled check. That rules out all NEFT transfers and makes the whole account useless. Also there is no ATM card.

It was such a great concept(copied from ING I hear) but marred by such big shortcomings.

Will have to find the nearest AXIS bank branch. Lets see if they let me open a No Frills account. Each and every private bank seems to give a hard time to people trying to open a No Frills account.

Crossx Why do you need a VISA debit card separately? Try to add the debit card you already have. MasterCard is among the accepted options.

@hotshot05 : You can transfer funds to b2 account by NEFT from any account, there is no need to link it as you mentioned. If you do opt for the receive funds option (by submitting the cancelled check), it just makes it easier to get funds into b2, as you can place a request from b2 itself to debit funds from the linked account and credit it to your b2 account.
@Crossx : An ICICI MaserCard Debit also should work (not meastro though), give it a try and if it doesn't work, you can always raise a request for a visa card specifically.

hotshot05 : You can transfer funds to b2 account by NEFT from any account, there is no need to link it as you mentioned. If you do opt for the receive funds option (by submitting the cancelled check), it just makes it easier to get funds into b2, as you can place a request from b2 itself to debit funds from the linked account and credit it to your b2 account.
Crossx : An ICICI MaserCard Debit also should work (not meastro though), give it a try and if it doesn't work, you can always raise a request for a visa card specifically.

You sure about that? I mentioned what I understood after reading the comments.
If I can transfer funds from/to SBI account to ICICI B2 without giving the cancelled check, I may think about opening one.
But even then, Axis Bank No Frills Account(if its Debit Card works with PayPal) seems to be a much better deal.

You sure about that? I mentioned what I understood after reading the comments.
If I can transfer funds from/to SBI account to ICICI B2 without giving the cancelled check, I may think about opening one.
But even then, Axis Bank No Frills Account(if its Debit Card works with PayPal) seems to be a much better deal.

100% sure, using a b2 account for past 2-3 years. You can transfer funds by NEFT from/to any account. Outgoing NEFTs are free too. As I said, linking is required only for the 'Receive Funds' facility.

Banks are generally hesitant to issue a no frills account, and usually give one excuse or the other, anyway try your luck.

100% sure, using a b2 account for past 2-3 years. You can transfer funds by NEFT from/to any account. Outgoing NEFTs are free too. As I said, linking is required only for the 'Receive Funds' facility.

Banks are generally hesitant to issue a no frills account, and usually give one excuse or the other, anyway try your luck.

Ok. That is great.
Was searching around a bit. Seems that Axis debit cards do get added to PayPal but the PayPal transaction will not work with that. Almost everyone who tried it, says so. The transaction is blocked by the bank, it seems.

For the B2 account, the ICICI representative will come to my house to collect the documents? I cannot go to the branch to give them the documents?

^ already answered in pm - if you ant to go to branch & submit docs

Fill up the online form , call cc , get the no of b2 sales manager , call him & tell that you want to open the a/c urgently & will visit & deposit the docs, they will be more than happy to accept, in my case they wanted me to submit docs but i made them collect it.

@varkey, @Arjun What is the IFSC code for ICICI B2 account?
Is it ICIC0000323 (ICICI Bank.)
or ICIC0009001 (http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/onlineservice/online-services/FundsTransfer/ifsc-code.pdf)

All the websites which show the IFSC codes of different bank branches, show 2nd one to be the code for B2 branchfree. But why does the B2 Contact Us page show the 1st code to be the IFSC code?

P.S: I registered for an account on Monday, my documents were collected on Wednesday and by account was fully activated by Saturday. :D

- - - Updated - - -
@varkey, @Arjun What is the IFSC code for ICICI B2 account?
Is it ICIC0000323 (http://www.b2.icicibank.com/Contact_Us.html)
or ICIC0009001 (http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/onlineservice/online-services/FundsTransfer/ifsc-code.pdf)

All the websites which show the IFSC codes of different bank branches, show 2nd one to be the code for B2 branchfree. But why does the B2 Contact Us page show the 1st code to be the IFSC code?

P.S: I registered for an account on Monday, my documents were collected on Wednesday and by account was fully activated by Saturday. :D

Use the code (ICIC0000323)on b2 site, that's what I've been using till now.

I guess they added a dedicated IFSC for b2 now. So both should work. As agantuk said you can check with them to be sure.

Back