Pls recommend an unlimited D/L broadband plan for home use in mumbai

burnz

Adept
i'm new in mumbai... moving into my apt in bandra soon...
basically i need an unlimited download broadband plan, as i usually leave the PC on 24/7 for various downloads...
price is not an issue... would just like to know which ISP has an unlimited plan at min speed of 512kbps... best if there're plans with speeds in the mbps range...

thanks!

you came from abroad so we'll excuse you for demanding too much(edit - for being such a nooob :bleh:)

512 u/l no isp offers.. there is exatt that offers 1mbps night unlimited.. but its down for half a month, every month :bleh:

airtel you might get in bandra... call em ask ( phone no. - 50012345)

dunno abt pacenet though...if its there in bandra or no.

best bet might be mtnl triband, unlimited for 670 bucks(12-8 free downloading)....

let some others peeps who stay near bandra reeply.. you might get a good idea..

Try to get a hold of these :

1) Sify
2) Airtel
3) MTNL

Sify recently launched an 24/7 unlimited 128 and 256 Connection, same is applicable on Airtel.

Unrealistic said:
Try to get a hold of these :

1) Sify
2) Airtel
3) MTNL

Sify recently launched an 24/7 unlimited 128 and 256 Connection, same is applicable on Airtel.

sweet, looks like sify has coverage for Bandra(W)... so what's the application process like? just call them up?

btw, Sify is ADSL connection thru phone line?

nopes sify is cable connection.. hmmm. actually get mtnl triband.... cause they would come out with unlimited connection this year(for sure ;) ) .. .so you can bear with night unlimited till then and then just change over to unlimited :)!!

airtel/mtnl are the only adsl providers here....

btw sify sucks in many areas , so you better be careful :)...

chic_magnet said:
nopes sify is cable connection.. hmmm. actually get mtnl triband.... cause they would come out with unlimited connection this year(for sure ;) ) .. .so you can bear with night unlimited till then and then just change over to unlimited :)!!

airtel/mtnl are the only adsl providers here....

btw sify sucks in many areas , so you better be careful :)...

thanks for the advice... will definitely keep that into consideration... though i must say that despite being in the country for a short period of time, i've already grown somewhat skeptical of these "by end of this year" promises by service providers... was changing my office's broadband provider, and the new vendor promised everything would be ready in 15 days... that was back in May and we still haven't seen any light at the end of the tunnel ;)

btw, does anyone have experience with Dish TV? thinking of getting a DTH tv service, instead of the normal cable tv... as i've heard DTH offers better pic quality and more channels...

well dish tv is really gud:hap2: ....but it doesn't offer star channels i.e. star plus, star world:no: ...but it has star sports...well da only disadvantage tht i noticed is dat signal gets blocked if its raining heavily outside :huh: ...otherwise its quality n service is really gud!!! :hap2:

Yeah Dish TV is worth it. I got it put and fianly I can see Cartoon Network and Animax in english. As a bonus, you get Boomerang, a channel totaly dedicated to old school cartoon shown of the hanna barbera era. Dish has many extra channels too.

Well i am using exattnet 512 kbps since a year
and i didnt face any issues till yet and i am using airtel through my mobile
to connect to my laptop good speed 412kbps

Don't take reliance. they charge too much and are quite crappy. airtel hasnt launched in bandra west. at the moment i am using iqara but i think you should wait for airtel. mtnl would be ok i guess. i too can't wait for airtel to launch here

Back