Graphic Cards Pls suggest a video card for 15K

I've had a Palit GTX 260 for the past few years which conked off a few days ago. My mobo does not have onboard grahics so need a mid end card that can run most games at hi res.

Please suggest one around a budget of 10 to 15K.

My rig is old i will need to upgrade it i know but for now i want get a video card first to get my system up and running.

My current config,
C2D E6600
MSI mobo (dont remember the model)
2GB RAM
Corsair VX450
Creative XFi Xtreme Music
Altec Lansing MX 5021

Also suggest a good CPU/Mobo/RAM combo for my next upgrade.

I think first you need to upgrade your proccy and ram cause above 10k gpu you're gonna face bottleneck issue also 2GB ram is DDR2 or DDR3??

DDR2 bro. Ok in that case pls suggest a CPU/Mobo and RAM combo with the GPU...i think its time i upgraded. Also a mid end spacious cabinet as well.

Then you need little above 30k budget for CPU+Mobo+RAM+GPU and if you want to keep VX450 then R9 270x will work just fine

Then you need little above 30k budget for CPU+Mobo+RAM+GPU and if you want to keep VX450 then R9 270x will work just fine

Are you sure ? Personal experience ? Most 'gurus' recommend a minimum of 500W PSU for r9 270x (AMD does too).
Am sure they always go over cautious, maybe a 450W good quality PSU can run the card, but am not sure. So i'd advise the poster to double check.

Also, 30K for CPU+Mobo+RAM+GPU - I'd suggest go the AMD way instead of Intel.

Are you sure ? Personal experience ? Most 'gurus' recommend a minimum of 500W PSU for r9 270x (AMD does too).
Am sure they always go over cautious, maybe a 450W good quality PSU can run the card, but am not sure. So i'd advise the poster to double check.

Also, 30K for CPU+Mobo+RAM+GPU - I'd suggest go the AMD way instead of Intel.

Yeah VX450 will handle 270x easily cause it's nearly equivalent to 500w PSU but just he can't overclock anything and now he's got 750ti so it's no prob plus i suggest Intel cause trust me there're many advantages over AMD :)

Last edited:
AMD is cost-effective CPU for Multitasking and application boost and in other hand Intel needs more money but it certainly better for gaming cause
1. Intel has powerful per core performance
2. Brilliant gaming performance in terms of frame rate and frame time also some games which demands more core
3. Dedicated IGP
3. Really good TDP/Power efficient which is really worth for an extra cash

Agreed Intel is better than AMD. But at 30K for CPU+MOBO+RAM+GPU ? At that price point, AMD certainly has a case for a better price-to-performance ratio.

Back