Pls suggest a XBOX console gives the maximum value for money ?

Well recently got a great deal on Xbox gamepass ultimate. Now the dilemma is which console to get the best out of this offer.

1. Xbox one S All digital edition - price 10k [good condition]

2. Xbox one X 1 TB - 15k [average condition]

3. Xbox Series S 512GB - 28K [mint condition with warranty]

Out of this both the Series S is the newest console and about 2 months old.

I am mostly a PC Gamer and that's the preferred platform, and PS4 for exclusives.

Now the question is, which console to get. Is it really worth the price to get a Xbox Series S? Or should I settle for a Xbox one S (cheap price being the biggest USP, the guy is also great and showed me additional photos and video too)?

Edit - due to some reason I am able to attach only one picture. The picture is for Xbox one X 1 TB console.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211010-111419.png
    Screenshot_20211010-111419.png
    365.9 KB · Views: 100
If you just want to use the subscription and want VFM, get the One X. Series S has a much better CPU, SSD and a slightly less powerful GPU but not worth nearly twice that of One X at 1080p but may be if you are using it at 1440p. One S is not worth it.

Oh. Forgot to mention that I will be using the full HD resolution only. NO 4K TV at the moment. And don't plan to get one, at least till diwali NEXT year.

Well recently got a great deal on Xbox gamepass ultimate. Now the dilemma is which console to get the best out of this offer.

1. Xbox one S All digital edition - price 10k [good condition]

2. Xbox one X 1 TB - 15k [average condition]

3. Xbox Series S 512GB - 28K [mint condition with warranty]

Out of this both the Series S is the newest console and about 2 months old.

I am mostly a PC Gamer and that's the preferred platform, and PS4 for exclusives.

Now the question is, which console to get. Is it really worth the price to get a Xbox Series S? Or should I settle for a Xbox one S (cheap price being the biggest USP, the guy is also great and showed me additional photos and video too)?

Edit - due to some reason I am able to attach only one picture. The picture is for Xbox one X 1 TB console.
You have got it totally wrong, XBOX Games are also on PC. I would rather get a PS4 Pro/PS5 and use Game pass on PC. No need to get a console from Microsoft.

I already have a PS4 and completed almost all exclusives.

And as I already mentioned that PC IS MY PREFERRED platform.
But game pass ultimate for PC is NOT that useful. And not all games are on PC. For eg HALO 5, GEARS 2-3, FABLE 2. They are NOT available on PC even with GPU.

Might get a PS5 later on. When stocks are a bit normal and prices also settle down a bit.

I already have a PS4 and completed almost all exclusives.

And as I already mentioned that PC IS MY PREFERRED platform.
But game pass ultimate for PC is NOT that useful. And not all games are on PC. For eg HALO 5, GEARS 2-3, FABLE 2. They are NOT available on PC even with GPU.

Might get a PS5 later on. When stocks are a bit normal and prices also settle down a bit.
Oooh, I though all XBOX Games are on PC too. Then wait for 6 months or so, the so-called chip shortage will become normal by April next year.

Oh. Forgot to mention that I will be using the full HD resolution only. NO 4K TV at the moment. And don't plan to get one, at least till diwali NEXT year.
Xbox one X has very high prevelance of a hdmi port issue. Check it out In Google.

15k is a good price for x but I'd still save up for series s, unless you are ready to risk it.

In the same boat as @joy.das.jd
Local deals for One S range from 10 - 13K (single controller, 0.5 - 1TB, w/Games, NO Warranty)
I was not able to find a good deal on One X. Most of them were >= 20K range.

My requirements were:
- Ability to provide smooth 30/60 fps gameplay @ >= 1080p
- Fast install and quick load times as I'm impatient and already spoiled by load times on NVMe drives.

Also had a chat with @Kmkaks on this y'day
Finalized on the Series S for 2 things -
1. Newer and Better Zen CPU architecture (Will be able to hold its ground in the future, unlike the previous gen's gimped "bulldozer" arch.).
  • I expect this to translate into smooth gameplay independent of the visual settings. If you are familiar with PC think of this as pairing a semi-decent graphics card like GT 1060 with an underclocked and cut-down Ryzen 7 series (Series S/X) and FX 8300 (One Series). While you might not always have the best graphical fidelity with the mid-range graphics card, the Ryzen based pairing will not be a bottleneck in games compared to the FX pairing.
2. Nearly half the price of the Series X.
  • Things are different in India and one cannot find Series X for $500 as mentioned by "tech reviewers". Finding one at MSRP even for the US folks is a pipe dream. This makes it the most VFM console currently
This being said, I also have down some of the niggles/cons below
  1. 350 GB of actual storage space -This is the most prominent issue that has been highlighted in multiple mediums. There are 2 ways out of this
  2. Digital-only console - We are overlooking this as Gamepass is/was cheap. If it were priced on the lines of PS Now, we would not have considered the console in the first place. Hope Gamepass is accessible and light on our wallets going into the future.

Series S. Don't go for last gen. Console generations last long and you'll really feel the benefits of direct storage and quick resume. Plus newer games won't be available on last gen.

Only drawback is storage but you can open up the console when the warranty is over and upgrade it or buy an expansion card down the line

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Almost finalized the deal for Xbox one s but after listening to all the wise members discarded the idea.

Instead got the XBOX ONE X for Rs 15500. Got console, one controller , and Gears of war ultimate edition disc. The controller and console are working fine. The console was quite dusty. But working fine.

Downloaded HALO 5 on it. Took about 3-4 hours for a 98 GB download on my 50 MBPS connection. So wifi has decent speed. The start up time is atrocious. Takes about 2 mins to start up. Maybe we are all spoilt by SSDs. But once started everything works fast.

There is minimal loading time for games about 5 secs. Games work flawlessly on 1080@60 fps. But one annoying thing is the fan. It's like loud , super loud. I don't know if it's with my console only, or in general. But I am thinking to open the console and give it a thorough cleaning. There are minimal exclusive games on the Game Pass Ultimate. Maybe 6-7 at max. Most of the games are available on PC and infact play better on the PC even with a half decent GPU like GTX 1060. You must have played most of them. I tried with GEARS OF WAR , AND BURNOUT PARADISE and IMO they play and look better on the PC.

I am NOT into online gaming and hence cannot say regarding that aspect. But overall my experience with Game pass ultimate and Xbox one X would be AVERAGE. And in my opinion it's not a worth getting if you have a gaming PC. There is not enough value in the platform. HOWEVER IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GAMING PC OR CANNOT AFFORD A DECENT GPU DUE TO ALL THE S**T GOING ON THESE DAYS THEN ITS A GREAT CONSOLE TO HAVE.

PS - This is just my opinion. Pls don't bash me for being a PC aficionado.

One x fan is normally very quiet, quiet fan was one of the reasons why one x was admired over pro.

Problem with one X is 30fps. Even if it runs some games at 60, you will still see drops. This is where series consoles are a huge improvement and come closer to pc in terms of value imo.

There are minimal exclusive games on the Game Pass Ultimate. Maybe 6-7 at max. Most of the games are available on PC and infact play better on the PC even with a half decent GPU like GTX 1060. You must have played most of them. I tried with GEARS OF WAR , AND BURNOUT PARADISE and IMO they play and look better on the PC.
The only reason why I don't wanna spend on the console even if I grabbed the xgp gitch deal. I already have a decent PC for couple of years to come.
However, congrats on your purchase. I'd say yeah give it a thorough cleaning + repaste if you're comfortable with doing such things with hardware.

The only reason why I don't wanna spend on the console even if I grabbed the xgp gitch deal. I already have a decent PC for couple of years to come.
However, congrats on your purchase. I'd say yeah give it a thorough cleaning + repaste if you're comfortable with doing such things with hardware.
Yes I have that in mind to give it a thorough cleaning. I have a bit of experience doing such things with CPU, GPU , PS4. So should be fine with Xbox also.

Yes I have that in mind to give it a thorough cleaning. I have a bit of experience doing such things with CPU, GPU , PS4. So should be fine with Xbox also.
Congratulations on the Xbox One X!, 15.5K is a really good price. You should start a thread documenting the teardown and cleaning process.
Do consider changing the thermal pads and upgrading to an SSD while you are at it. SSDs are attainable on a budget and can save you some boot and loading times when playing newer titles.

Agree with your opinion on having a sub-par experience on the console when compared to a mid-range PC, the value proposition for me was casual couch gaming, low power consumption, and baked-in optimization. I have been and still will game on the PC, but have been moving more and more away from it due to rapidly changing hardware requirements for the upcoming games. I'm not a content creator and do not utilize the processing horsepower in any other task apart from gaming. So console gaming given the current times seems like the clear winner here for casual play.

Chip shortage will become normal by April next year.
At this point you can never be too sure about that. Chances are chip shortage could end in Dec '21 with eth 2.0. But the chances of chip shortage continuing throughout '22 are just as much too.

Problem with one X is 30fps. Even if it runs some games at 60, you will still see drops. This is where series consoles are a huge improvement and come closer to pc in terms of value imo.
Got any source to read watch ? It would be helpful for me.

No specific source but a compilation of my experience. See gears 5/ jedi fallen order analysis for example. Then there is fps boost which kills one x.

Unfortunately I am not up to date with the latest happenings since I am actively trying to stay away from gaming, so I don't have links since I cleared my subscription/ history etc.lol.

No specific source but a compilation of my experience. See gears 5/ jedi fallen order analysis for example. Then there is fps boost which kills one x.
Fallen order ran so smooth on PC even with my trusted GTX 1060. But it's a nightmare on Xbox. I simply cannot understand why.

You can refer to digital foundary technical game review articles and videos. Like @Kmkaks said, there is no single source of information. The obesvations are aggregated from multiple games.

Fallen order ran so smooth on PC even with my trusted GTX 1060. But it's a nightmare on Xbox. I simply cannot understand why.
CPU bottleneck is the prime culprit for horrible and inconsistent frame times which leads to stuttering. A 30 fps game with smooth and consistent frame time is more enjoyable compared to a 60 fps one with jittery frametimes.

Back