Pls suggest an ISP - Bangalore

Hi friends

I've recently moved to Bangalore and on the lookout for a broadband connection. Pls suggest an ISP and possibly a BB plan for unlimited usage.

I'll be putting up near Old Madras Road; If anyone's residing near that area can suggest something, it'd be of great help.

Thanks.

PS: I had been highly satisfied with Airtel in Delhi but this is before the FUP came into effect. Is the FUP applicable to 256 kbps unlimited?

Check if Railwire is in ur area.. A friend who lives in RT Nagar managed to get a demo line of 512 kbps.. The pings to mumbai(V-street) servers are 30ish and to singapore servers are 50~60.. I was shocked when i saw the screenies.. and download speeds are consistent too.. if not get the Airtel 384 kbps conn...

Thanks Rishabh & Sathya.

Checked with Railwire, not available in my area :( I guess my options are limited to Tata, Airtel and BSNL.

We're 3 friends who'd be staying together and hence we're looking for an unlimited connection. Taking into consideration the FUP scene as well as the reliability of the ISP in Bangalore, what would be the most appropriate choice.

TiA

apply for BSNL but don't hold your breath waiting to get it ... get Airtel 256kbps as backup ... in spite of all the FUP bs Airtel is still miles ahead of Tatti Indicom and Reliance in Bangalore ... u can surrender the Airtel connection once u get BSNL.

R3D-D3V1L said:
Thanks Rishabh & Sathya.

Checked with Railwire, not available in my area :( I guess my options are limited to Tata, Airtel and BSNL.

We're 3 friends who'd be staying together and hence we're looking for an unlimited connection. Taking into consideration the FUP scene as well as the reliability of the ISP in Bangalore, what would be the most appropriate choice.

TiA

For the best service, try and get a corporate Airtel connection.
You need to be employed though !

SLA for fixing problems is 24 hours, but they usually get things done in 3-6 hours. If you complain in the night, they will fix the problem by 11 AM the next day.
Also, they refund 100/- in your bill if the SLA is not met (>24 hrs). :hap2:

The recent caps on downloads do not apply to this connection as well.
Unlimited = Unlimited.:clap:
Well maybe the new connections are affected, but I have had this connection for the past 5 years and no complaints so far.

They even fixed breaks in the cable (due to BBMP pipe line and road works) in 3-5 hours.

kgthelazy said:
^^ to which company employees they provide this offer?
plz dont say only Wipro,Infy,TCS and IBM !

okay I won't - I was with Accenture when I took the connection.
But I know of other people working with lesser known companies that get the same service on a corp connection.

Go for Tata! BSNL is a good ISP but if you apply for a connection you'll just be waiting all your life for it to get activated! And Airtel has the FUP trap. So Id prefer Tata!

^^ Unfortunately so does Tata.. :(

@nitro: Can u pls gimme more details as to how I can avail the Airtel corporate connection that you've mentioned. I'm currently working with a reasonably well known organisation at ITPL, Whitefield.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi friends

With Airtel not offering their services in my area and Tata Wimax having no connectivity at my floor; I subscribed to Reliance Wimax service.

The entire call to payment to installation process took less than 72 hours. I've opted for a 1 Mbps Unlimited plan for the time being and the speeds are great!

Have a new problem at hand here..Pls check this thread: http://www.techenclave.com/networki...iple-laptops-reliance-133752.html#post1105105

Thanks.

Metalspree said:
:O God u took reliance.I had tough time with wimax .Nice to hear u r getting good speeds.Btb where is Bangalore are u in??

Ya it was a pain getting it to work with my wireless router but MAC cloning did the job thankfully.

I'm putting up at Old Madras Road, KR Puram.

The speeds so far have been great; here's a screenie of a speed test I ran just now.

Cheers!

BSNL is the best and cheap. But once you get any technical issue especially at exchange side, then they will not repair it. Its rare though. The speed is as promised. No cheating in that. 256 KBps even at free time. And its land line is still best in class.

Back