Pls suggest BLDC Fan?

iosoft

PC enthusiast since MS DOS 5
Skilled
Friends,

Summer is coming and Temperature & Electricity Bill both are increasing! :mad:

I have compared the units between Summer time and Winter time.
The only difference is the Celling Fans! Specially two of them which run almost 24x7

Pls suggest -
  • Should I switch to BLDC Fans?
  • Which Brand and Model should I go? (looks design doesn't matter, just not Black color)
Pls share your experience?
YouTube and Amazone reviews are very confusing....

I have 8 atomberg fans switched to them last summer and they are the best in market currently.

Mine is this renessa

It costs about 3600 but the cost can be recovered in a year or two.

they also make a cheaper model as you don't care about the aesthetics get this model
both consume same power 28w at 5 speed and 32 w if running in boost mode.

In BLDC section you may get to see havells , crompton dont fall for those just check their power rating once they are pathetic, and the fun fact they entered the bldc segment just a year or two ago.
ATOMBERG IS SELLING SINCE 2015 AND THEY ARE THE BEST CURRENTLY.
Service support is top notch.
@iosoft

I use Crompton Silent pro enso for my WFH room, on the costlier side at around 7k. Planning to go with Superfan for the other rooms as it gives 5year onsite warranty against atomberg's 3. Atomberg is my 2nd choice if not for Superfan.

Last edited:
ATOMBERG IS SELLING SINCE 2015 AND THEY ARE THE BEST CURRENTLY.
Service support is top notch.
@iosoft
Atomberg started out as Gorilla fans and was full of mixed reviews/pathetic support back then.
One of the reasons for rebranding it to Atomberg and then social media pseudo marketing hype.

Superfan started selling BLDC fans from 2013 and in fact had a few patents back then.
I myself bought one in 2013 >> https://techenclave.com/threads/the-everyday-show-off-thread.57621/post-1883587
11 years later, it's still working fine without any issue so far.

Reliability wise, I'd still suggest Superfan, but VFM money wise, they lost the game with their recent price hikes.
If you don't need any fancy features and just need a basic BLDC fan, then Crompton & Orient have a few basic models which are good.

Atomberg started out as Gorilla fans and was full of mixed reviews/pathetic support back then.
One of the reasons for rebranding it to Atomberg and then social media pseudo marketing hype.

Superfan started selling BLDC fans from 2013 and in fact had a few patents back then.
I myself bought one in 2013 >> https://techenclave.com/threads/the-everyday-show-off-thread.57621/post-1883587
11 years later, it's still working fine without any issue so far.

Reliability wise, I'd still suggest Superfan, but VFM money wise, they lost the game with their recent price hikes.
If you don't need any fancy features and just need a basic BLDC fan, then Crompton & Orient have a few basic models which are good.
how much did the x1 cost back then?

@sriharsha_m why would you suggest Crompton or Orient fans over Atomberg I get the facts that about 10 years ago it had mixed reviews but think again it has been 10 years since those reviews, Atomberg has come a long way now and they are doing well . I might have got my fans a year ago but many in my family have been using it for the last 5-6 years and they are happy with atomberg.
I had an orient fan and within 2 days of installing it the motor was burnt it was easy to replace considering the 7 day exchange policy of flipkart but orient fans are pathetic tbh.

for example, this Crompton model has just 2 year warranty but with Atomberg you get 3 years.

I would suggest OP to get superfans if there is no budget constraint and if he likes the designs of it or Atomberg no bs of Orient or Crompton.
TBH I never liked designs of superfan , they are just too plain. Atomberg has some great designs as you go up the price chart.

When companies like Orient and Crompton saw that bldc section was booming they jumped into the ship, nothing else have they done there is no comparison of them and Superfan, atomberg in Bldc section.

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 5.06.25 PM.png

i personally have an atomberg fan .but truth be told i have kept the fan on top speed never bother to use fancy features .Few days a back i saw some CG fans or maybe orient fans which can be used with regulators as well .go for that .Not all things need to be smart go for low wattage high CFM fan and you will be happy.

But atomberg Efficio is not a bad deal looking at other brand prices .its job is to just spin . it doesnt have to be steel blades ,aluminium blades or any other fancy blades.

Last edited:
Just one thing, before getting Atomberg, make sure you are fine with its speed, the fans are definitely slower than traditional models, I need to max out the speed on Atombergs even with AC to feel comfortable but this is definitely subjective
this is because the cover of the fans (the one on top which covers the rod on which it hangs gets loose, you just need to fix it properly, this is not the model we have but we had the same issue and tightening up the cover fixed it for us

@sriharsha_m why would you suggest Crompton or Orient fans over Atomberg I get the facts that about 10 years ago it had mixed reviews but think again it has been 10 years since those reviews.

When companies like Orient and Crompton saw that bldc section was booming they jumped into the ship, nothing else have they done there is no comparison of them and Superfan, atomberg in Bldc section.
I wouldn't even want to get into the discussion after reading this but let me share a final thought. If you are interested you can very well read through the patent timelines to get a better picture. Traditional companies push out products into the market only after going through multiple prototypes and rigorous testing phases. Otherwise they wouldn't sustain in the market for so long with substandard products. It's the other way round with start-ups where they push out half baked products and then iteratively fix issues with every subsequent batch.

Likewise with Atomberg, anyone who followed their Gorilla fans journey and how they abandoned users back then with non existent support for failed products, wouldn't even trust them again.

But again, to each their own. Neither would I benefit from or would be at loss from this post, so would be the case with respective brands. Again, welcome to the world of social media marketing.

Back