Audio Pls suggest me a replacement for my Altec lansing ATP3

voltas

Disciple
hi everyone,
Finally i wanna lay my Altec lansing ATP3 to rest. They are truly legends for me, i got these beauties in the summer of 1999, yeah it been 9 years, and i still love them. they still look the same. PCs came, PCs gone during these 9 years actually the one i`m using right now is the 4th desktop, apart from countless upgrades tht keep happening time to time.
Nywys,
coming to the point,
My room is abt 16* 14 feet, i can only buy a 2.1 system, i hate anything higher than this bcuz i hate wires, so pls dont suggest anything apart from 2.1.
Budget is not a issue for me now, having said that i do look for value and try to keep it under 30k.
I listen all kinda music, i even have backstreet boys. although Alternative Rock is kinda sweet spot.
I DO NOT use mp3, its mostly FLAC and at times .ape (Monkey’s Audio).
Cant buy
1.Harman kardon soundsticks 2 (hate the way it looks)
2.Bose Companion 3 (hate BOSE)
3.Razer Mako 2.1 (its tough to tell y i hate these, maybe bcuz my galfrd has these)

Really, dunno y u needed to ask around with MX 5021 coming at sch a steal of a price these days.
As Chaos suggested, second option wd mean u do all the research and get all things assembled.. if u got sch musically trained ears.. surely u mst resort to that, if not.. then its a no brainer to purchase 5021.

Wd be the obvious upgrade too.

wat Altec MX5021? really, i dunno much abt these

i dont wanna offend you buddy but i seriously think dat my 9 year old ATP3 sounds better than these, i need something tht sounds real good for my PC.

my elder brother has yamaha yht 780, it sounds awesome but i dont have tht much space in my room.

okay forget VFM, wats the best PC sound system that i can get in delhi ?

voltas said:

i dont wanna offend you buddy but i seriously think dat my 9 year old ATP3 sounds better than these

contradictory, dont you think ?

sounds like a candidate for a logitech Z2300 ( or even a klipsch GMX if he thinks they are better) :D

else get the new ATP3 - aka the VS4121

voltas said:
i dont wanna offend you buddy but i seriously think dat my 9 year old ATP3 sounds better than these, i need something tht sounds real good for my PC.
my elder brother has yamaha yht 780, it sounds awesome but i dont have tht much space in my room.
okay forget VFM, wats the best PC sound system that i can get in delhi ?

Altec Lansing > PC AUDIO > For Value & Sound > MX5021

These and they sound much better than an ATP3.

yea, i know thts contradictory, but wat i actually meant was that i dunno much about its specs n internals, my frd has 5021 so i have a good enuff idea of how they sound, maybe bcuz of my sheer love for my ATP3, my comparison bw ATP3 n 5021 is biased in favor of ATP3 or maybe my ATP3 got a perfect break in process initially.

nywys i guess altec lansing MX5021 is the only way to go and very soon i`ll have to move to a HT system to please my ears.

how is Harman Kardon AVR 147, i know it lacks power, i dont need power nywys?

Maybe he has the bass/treble settings all messed up or has a very poor source. There's no way an ATP3 is remotely close to the sound quality of an MX5021. Its an absolute no contest.

If you are looking at separates and the primary purpose is music, 5.1 is of no use whatsoever. I'd suggest you get an integrated amp instead of an A/V receiver and a pair of bookshelves. Will sound way way better.

@ Chaos, yea i think you are right, he uses an ipod aka mp3 player and i use FLAC on atp3.

suggest something dude, i need something small, wid superb lows n mids, i can part a bit wid highs, if i have too.

whr can i get Creek amps in delhi ?

voltas said:
@ Chaos, yea i think you are right, he uses an ipod aka mp3 player and i use FLAC on atp3.
suggest something dude, i need something small, wid superb lows n mids, i can part a bit wid highs, if i have too.

Whaferdale Diamond + Norge 2060 amp. You can't go wrong.

you sure you had the ATP3 for 9 years???? Did you import them???? Triffin Technology was the first and only distributor of AL for many years and i guess they started in India somewhere in 2002.

Oh btw sorry for hijacking your thread voltas, but can some guru's tell me whether its wise to upgrade from AL 641 to Z5500????

AL 641 was an pwnage 4.1, pity it is not made anymore :(

the FX 5051 is a good 5.1, but i dont think it would be wise to upgrade from the 641 to any multimedia speaker you get today

thebanik said:
you sure you had the ATP3 for 9 years???? Did you import them???? Triffin Technology was the first and only distributor of AL for many years and i guess they started in India somewhere in 2002.

Oh btw sorry for hijacking your thread voltas, but can some guru's tell me whether its wise to upgrade from AL 641 to Z5500????

From AL 641 to Z5500? Not really. Either keep the AL, or if really want to upgrade, you could get some Klipsch.

greenhorn said:
AL 641 was an pwnage 4.1, pity it is not made anymore :(
the FX 5051 is a good 5.1, but i dont think it would be wise to upgrade from the 641 to any multimedia speaker you get today

hitman080 said:
From AL 641 to Z5500? Not really. Either keep the AL, or if really want to upgrade, you could get some Klipsch.

oh thanks for that help guyz, with all the hullaboo over Z5500 i thought it would be better....just that need to play with the AL remote a lot to sound it good, otherwise the bass is boomy on the AL as well....guess have to gather some money to go custom, kinda getting bored with the AL, :rofl: , had it for around 5-6 years now.

voltas said:

The creek website lists this as their disty

M/S Reference Point
No:8, 12th cross, 1st stage,
Indiranagar
Bangalore
India
Tel: +91-80-25257246
Email: refpoint@yahoo.com

You can call and find out who stocks creek in Delhi. Be aware Creek is not cheap. Also fyi Epos gels really well with Creek. They are both built by the same company and are used to voice each other.

thebanik said:

yea you are absolutely right here buddy, my elder brother got them for me.
he sezs tht he paid 120 something $$ for these.
i at least, convinced 30 of my classmates to buy these, but for some reason Altec lansing product quality degrades in India big time bcuz i dont think any of those 30, are using der ATP3 now.
Or maybe I AM LUCKY:)

Chaos said:
The creek website lists this as their disty

M/S Reference Point
No:8, 12th cross, 1st stage,
Indiranagar
Bangalore
India
Tel: +91-80-25257246
Email: refpoint@yahoo.com

You can call and find out who stocks creek in Delhi. Be aware Creek is not cheap. Also fyi Epos gels really well with Creek. They are both built by the same company and are used to voice each other.
how is creek destiny integrated amp, someone suggested me these, thy go for 2000$ out of my reach :(, i think at best i can push my dad upto 1 lakh mark, my frd wants to buy these and he has creek 5350se, he might wanna sell his 5350se to me, wat do you think is a fair price for them?
something tells me, i dont need anything like this, i mean jump wud be too big, dont you think so.

thank you everyone especially chaos for their suggestions

i will buy mx5021, everything else doesnt make sense for me.

apart from this, i seldom use speakers, so money spend on amps n speakers will go down the hole at the end of the day.

my headphones power me, mostly.

Back