CPU/Mobo Pls Suggest Motherboard for AMD Phenom II X4 940

Get the Biostar 790Gx ones if you are looking at low budget else go for Asus or Gigabyte which are costlier

screenhunter01feb271116.jpg

krishnavamshi24 said:
Get the Biostar 790Gx ones if you are looking at low budget else go for Asus or Gigabyte which are costlier

Man dont even think about Asus (really buggy Bios/board).
The board recommended above is good enough in Low-Mid segment as it just has 64 Mb of sideport memory that to DDR2.
Though, It wont matter to you if you are planning to buy a dedicated graphics card. It is also missing a esata port.

If you want a high end board with all bells and whistles and 128 MB of DDR3 sideport mem go for MSI DKA 790GX platinum @ 9.5K. Great stable board.:hap2:. Though its nearly double in price in comparison to Biostar 790GXB

There is another board Biostar 790GX 128M which has 128MB of DDR2 sideport mem. Its near to 5.5K.
And ofcourse another option is Jetway HA07 and DarkStar is the brand ambassador of this board (kidding, I hope u dont mind darky:eek:hyeah: ;) )> You can ask him for further details.

Ankurkh1 said:
Man dont even think about Asus (really buggy Bios/board).
The board recommended above is good enough in Low-Mid segment as it just has 64 Mb of sideport memory that to DDR2.
Though, It wont matter to you if you are planning to buy a dedicated graphics card. It is also missing a esata port.

If you want a high end board with all bells and whistles and 128 MB of DDR3 sideport mem go for MSI DKA 790GX platinum @ 9.5K. Great stable board.:hap2:. Though its nearly double in price in comparison to Biostar 790GXB

There is another board Biostar 790GX 128M which has 128MB of DDR2 sideport mem. Its near to 5.5K.
And ofcourse another option is Jetway HA07 and DarkStar is the brand ambassador of this board (kidding, I hope u dont mind darky:eek:hyeah: ;) )> You can ask him for further details.

Well you have Biostar 790GX 128mb version as well 5.6k

Stay away from Jetway .. even ultra :p They don't support booting from USB and since floppy are outdated uyou will have problem updating BIOS.. either get a RW CD :p

Apart from that the NB gets too hot. So if you plan to OC that crap NB will make the IGP so hot that you will get corrupted graphics if you are going to depend on the Integrated graphics .. if you are opting for dedicated then get the HA07 Ultra from KMD should cost you 5.5 k[considering increased $ price :mad:] ..

Else would say get a good branded mobo from Asus, MSI or Gigabyte ;)

Thanks Ankurkh and Darkstar.. i decided i will go for Gigabyte motherboard

just one doubt:

does the Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H support Nvidia 9800GTX gfx card?

i know there is an onboard ATI Radeon HD3300 .. but can i put an Nvidia 1 GB 9x card? is it compaitable?

Dark Star said:
Stay away from Jetway .. even ultra :p They don't support booting from USB and since floppy are outdated uyou will have problem updating BIOS.. either get a RW CD :p

Apart from that the NB gets too hot. So if you plan to OC that crap NB will make the IGP so hot that you will get corrupted graphics if you are going to depend on the Integrated graphics .. if you are opting for dedicated then get the HA07 Ultra from KMD should cost you 5.5 k[considering increased $ price :mad:] ..

Else would say get a good branded mobo from Asus, MSI or Gigabyte ;)

As it seems even ASUS & Gigabyte are not recommended by most since they have some OC issues.... So I guess MSI is the only option which costs a bomb as well.... :(

:huh: Gigabyte has issues too..?? anyways, i may not be over clocking much.. but other than that any known issues for Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H ?

i am having hard time configuring a sytem for Animation and Gaming.. :help:

about the heat issues.. i was planning on buying a good cabinet that might hopefully cool it down by some degrees :! , something like cooler master or zebronics..
enquired about AMD Phenom II X4 940 in SP Road.. they said it is 13 K
and the GA-MA790GP-DS4H is around 9K
HardDisk is around 3.3K
RAM is around 4.5K

(without monitor) i have to configure the entire CPU within 35 - 40 K

so planning to spend maximum 5K for Cabinet and Power supply.. i hope everything fits within the price.. so that i can invest some money into Gfx card..

but mainly i want to configure a system that is good for Gaming and Animation for atleast next 2 years.. :Comp5: so trying to avoid any cheap solutions that might create problems later..

Dark Star said:
^^Try the HA07 Ultra. That might be a cheap solution.. I hope it doesn't have heating issue like Ha07 and HA07 GT :mad:

Darky.... from Newegg listing page almost every buyer had in fact mentioned that its pretty cool most of the time.... The north bridge hardly heats up....

can you put light on your source of heating issue.... :huh:

ello people,

i'm kind of building a similar system, would anyone suggest me to go for a biostar mobo..? i was referred the 790gx model...

also any specific shops in sp road bangalore where i would get a good deal, both in terms of price and after sales care...?

thanks..!

hi,

im looking to build a system with the x4 940 be too.. could someone quote a price of the processor..? preferably sp road, since i stay in bangalore...

thanks..!

Back