Laptops "Plugged in, not charging" issue

reddead

Adept
my new vaio has put me up in dilemma, when the ac power is plugged in,it is not charging the battery....the battery level is neither decreasing nor increasing while on ac power....
i just removed the battery and looks like there is no problem running the laptop in direct ac power...
i am googling the situation right now, and this seems to be a common problem....
trying out a few things, but if nothing works have to get it to service centre...
Any suggestions guys??

Drain the battery totally and try plugging in the charger if even that doesn't work them battery is gone kaput time for repair .If you know some one who has same laptop borrow their battery and check as well.

its not an issue, quite common for laptop batteries, download a software called hwmonitor, and check the battery wear level, its the thing u should get worried about. higher wear level, lesser the battery backup.

btw li ion batteries should never get fully discharged, its a common misconception to fully drain and charge. rather than laptops should always be on ac power. best is to take out the battery and run on ac power, but its not something we can do always..

problem solved....

actually i enabled battery care function[i dont remeber when:huh:] which caused all this....

anyways,thanks for your help guys:)

^^ Ha Ha i knew it will be that battery care program which comes bundled with all vaio's and new vaio users often ask this battery charging question :)

RS4 said:
^^ Ha Ha i knew it will be that battery care program which comes bundled with all vaio's and new vaio users often ask this battery charging question :)

BTW, will it help if i enable the battery care function??

reddead said:
BTW, will it help if i enable the battery care function??

You can enable the battery care function if you are mostly connected to AC charger, its supposed to decrease battery degradation.

Back