Video plz help: tommorow last day for raising paypal dispute on WDTV live DOA purchase

filmguy

Disciple
a little background (& criticism of WD service along the way) --

i bought a recertified wdtv live media player from ebay us after confirming with wd email support that the 6 month warranty it carried would be honored in india.

but it reached DOA (it would freeze/lock up/black screen within few minutes of booting)

contacted ebay seller about the possible options as well as how to do an rma as the warranty check showed that it expired in feb.

after many emails to seller they responded with the option of replacement or refund but since i would have to pay shipping to send it to US and plus i'd paid earlier for shipping & customs felt that it wasnt worth it

so i contacted wd to update/reset the warranty. it took many emails & many calls to wd US phone support, each being between 30-50 minutes long (thank god for skype's free 1800 dialling) before it was finally done (which by the way they didnt email to notify me, i just happened to check) after almost 2 weeks of calls & follow ups. wd india didnt even know what warranty reset or update was btw.

i thought the hard part was over but after registering a rma & asking for a pickup no one came. i called up wd and they gave me their courier afl's number. there the guy says that there's no pick up & i'll have to go & drop it & its been that way for months. when i insisted that wd was saying there was pick up he denied it & asked me to call wd for clarification. i called & the wd csr persisted that there will be a pick up & said that since no one had come on the scheduled time he would send a new pickup request & they would be there WITHIN 3 days & that he'd "escalated" the matter.

so the second pickup date also came & went. i couldnt wait any longer & went & dropped it at the courier. if you dont have that facility then why insist you do. tell the customer he'll have to drop it off or courier it at his own expense.

has anyone here from mumbai done a rma in the last few months? how long has it taken for them to come & pick it up?

now because of all the delays i'm running out of time on the 45 day deadline for raising a paypal dispute with the ebay seller. tomorrow ie 17th june is last date. my main question is that once a item is "in warranty" on WD site & a rma request has been lodged & defective item shipped can WD for any reason or any pretext deny a replacement at this stage coz then it'd be too late for me to send it back to US.

what can/should i do? thanks guys

They never come for pickup...you will have to go to the courier office and drop off the package yourself. This is what I did when I had to send my HDD for RMA.

Back