PC Peripherals Plz Suggest Me A Ram

shyamno

Disciple
I am using compaq presario SR 1030IL.My system confi. are

P4 2.6 GHz. 40 GB HDD,128 DDR SDRAM.I want to upgrade the RAM to either another 128 MB module or one module of 256 MB.I am confused about the speed of RAM whether its 133 Mhz or 166 MHz.So please suggest me which to buy and which company.The original RAM is of Samsung.When I am asking to the local vendor they said that any RAM can be used.But when I m asking to the compaq service centre they r telling that only compaq RAM (buying from them only) can be used and the problem is that one 128 MB module would cost me around Rs.5000+sales tax.So please tell me is there any RAM produced by Samsung and where i can get it or any other companty in place of Samsung(Plz give the prices if any one have). I have installed CPUZ to check the frequency of RAM it shows me both 133 and 166 MHz.

Mine is a INTEL i845G motherboard Gamilla2-GL6E(MS-6577).

Can u tell me the actuall speed of my RAM ,in my computer specification it is written as 128/2700 MB 333DDR SDRAM(runs @ 266 MHz) and 184-pin DDR DIMMs.

Can u tell me the price of a 256 sd ddr ram with 266 mhz of any renowed company. Plz post ur reply soon.

Atlast please specificy which type of memory is suited to me and if possible its price and where i can get it in kolkata.(if possible)

Yeah... edit that post and set the fontsize to the normal size. About the query, get 512MB of DDR400. It'll automatically reduce its speed to 333MHz if needed. Get either transcend or twinmos. It'll cost around 2300-2400 bucks.

hello friends i have sorted out ur problem of fontsize.

Now,i have presently installed 128 MB DDR SDRAM PC2700 and now can I put 256 MB DDR SDRAM PC32OO to get a total of 384 MB.I had asked some stores and they r telling that i need to remove 128MB DDR SDRAM bcoz both RAM can't work together.So tell ur suggestion.Can u give me the cost of 256 MB DDR SDRAM both of PC2700 and PC3200.

when a RAM is rated DDR-400 it means to say that it is rated upto DDR-400. i will happilly and unassumingly operate at any lower speeds you throw at it. this trick is often used my many enthusiasts when they purchase DDR-500 RAM rated at 3-4-4-8 and actually run it at DDR-400 speeds but with timing 2-2-2-5. ROCK ON!

Suppose my mobo supports only upto 333 MHz and should i go for 400 MHz.Acoording to u all which company should I go for.

shyamno said:
Suppose my mobo supports only upto 333 MHz and should i go for 400 MHz.Acoording to u all which company should I go for.
All your questions are answered in my first post. What you asked is just redundant. Just read my post above again.

shyamno said:

yes 400mhz can run @ 266 or 333mhz. buy twinmos

edited chaos has answered all this look at his first post

Hi Shyam,

Please read all the posts in your thread before posting. Chaos has mentioned get a Twinmos 512m PC3200 Ram stick, it will work as DDR RAM's are backward compatible.

And I must say Compaq products are so crap, 128 mb is too less. Get atleast 512 mb its very cheap now.

Back