Video plz suggest vfm 32"lcd tv and htib 2.1 or 5.1

fastraj

Disciple
Hey guys plz suggest vfm 32"lcd tv and htib 2.1 or 5.1.
i thought of buying a panasonic le8 32" & logitech z2300 or z5500.
is this a good buy ?

Yes I think that is very VFM. What are the prices you are getting and in which city?

Anyway, when you check out the shops for your TV purchase, listen to some of the HT solutions from Philips too. You will not get the bass punch of the Z5500 but you might manage something that you like and has good aesthetic appeal too in a decent budget price.

This may not be something to suit the ears of the purist but you are going to listen to it through your ears.

Good selection. Also I would suggest you to consider LG LCD's due to the sole reason you can play divx movies off the USB stick in them.

Recently i brought LG 32LG80FR Full HD for 35,000 + 1800 for 2 years extended warrenty from bajaj alianz. it's very good VFM.

Second find some dealer who do not have this tv in display and tell him you are interested in this particular tv but first want to do comparison with sony.

The reason to do this is, dealer will brought tv from LG and with color calibration done by LG.

I did same i got really good calibrated tv. :)

jigarpatel said:
Recently i brought LG 32LG80FR Full HD for 35,000 + 1800 for 2 years extended warrenty from bajaj alianz. it's very good VFM.

Second find some dealer who do not have this tv in display and tell him you are interested in this particular tv but first want to do comparison with sony.

The reason to do this is, dealer will brought tv from LG and with color calibration done by LG.

I did same i got really good calibrated tv. :)

hey did u buy this LCD from Mumbai , & what u mean is I should buy this LCD from a dealer who doesn't have it on display... Also does this model have USB ... & is samsung b450 also a good choice?

neoronin said:
Good selection. Also I would suggest you to consider LG LCD's due to the sole reason you can play divx movies off the USB stick in them.

Which lg model has got this feature?& how much is it?

Emil said:
Yes I think that is very VFM. What are the prices you are getting and in which city?
Anyway, when you check out the shops for your TV purchase, listen to some of the HT solutions from Philips too. You will not get the bass punch of the Z5500 but you might manage something that you like and has good aesthetic appeal too in a decent budget price.
This may not be something to suit the ears of the purist but you are going to listen to it through your ears.

Hey I am getting le8 for 28k after exchange from hypercity Mumbai , any idea where I can get it cheaper?

i did a check on 2 panels a month and half back, the le8 and lg lh20r, both costing approx the same, a little over 30k in Goa. I was almost certain abt picking the le8 having read mostly positive comments(and none on this LG model) on TE and the fact that i'm anchored to the panny brand read fanboyism :).

A visit to the showroom and i notice, i dont know wht its called ... flicker/framing/ghosting, a moving footballer's white jersey following him on the field. dint notice that on the LG. the lh20r also has positive reviews on amazon, its also loaded with features including usb input for divx movies and has good servicing in these parts. cant comment abt Le8 features since i dint bother checking them out after noticing the problem. Also got a nice exchange deal on a 29' crt which was not possible with the panny brand shop in Goa.

I am really confused now , LCD will be used mainly for sd cable viewing and occassional divx movies. I am wondering should I go for a lg now??

fastraj said:
Hey I am getting le8 for 28k after exchange from hypercity Mumbai , any idea where I can get it cheaper?

I saw it last weekend at Vijay Sales opp Shoppers Stop Andheri. There was no Ghosting. It is possible that what vicente saw was a defect in that specific piece. It was priced at 29900 without exchange. They should give you about 3500 off for a working 21" TV with remote.

You should also try Croma and Sony Mony.

Also Sumaria has a stock clearance sale till tomorrow. Their warehouse is at Kanjur. You may want to check them out too.

For a real VFM deal, Vijay Sales had the Videocon Haute 32" at just 19900 with exchange. This was inferior to all the other sets that were on display in terms of sharpness and brightness but I do believe I would not notice it if it were not for the fact that I was comparing them side by side. I wouldn't mind buying it myself because we hardly watch TV. The only reason I will not buy Videocon is because my previous experience of owning a Videocon TV was not so good. I had a 25" CRT TV and the sound used to be distorted. The service ppl coming to my place couldn't understand the meaning of distortion and so I lived with the problem for some years till I switched to a LG 21" CRT.

Now I am planning to buy a Panasonic 32LE8 because I find it the best VFM for my extent of usage.

The Sharp Aquos @ Rs 23900 with exchange was also a VFM deal and the picture is quite good.

to be honest, i never tried the usb. as for the panel performance, i think the picture's great and much better than the le8 (read crisp + no ghosting) with cable signal. dint notice an obvious contrast issue either that plague their CRTs. honestly after seeing no lg crt distinguish black from gray, i coudnt have imagined i'd end up buying an lg tv. besides it was a heck of a deal at 27k after exchnage in a place like goa where discounts rates are far cry from wht u get in urban india.
ps - the panel stills costs a ridiculous 34k in Pune where i stay - maybe LG increased prices dunno.

I did check the HD performance of le8 & it was at par with even Sony , but my doubt is whether it will perform at sd. Also r there any offers going on ?

fastraj said:
I did check the HD performance of le8 & it was at par with even Sony , but my doubt is whether it will perform at sd. Also r there any offers going on ?

Best thing is for you to visit a showroom and check it for yourself. Trust your eyes to make a decision. But at the same time remember Showroom lighting is designed to make even an inferior panel look better. So take a DVE test disc to check the calibration. If you are specific on offers, wait till Diwali, LG comes up with some real good offers.

Hey guys just went to ezone for the panasonic lcds, but then I saw this panasonic 42" plasma th- pv8d for 45k ... Clarity wise it beats the lcds , very tempted to go for it!

Hey guys , guess what I got a Lg lh35fr 32" LCD for Rs32500 under exchange ...full HD . The panny le8 didn't stand a chance...even sd viewing is good. It also plays divx avi files smoothly without any stutter . And it just looks amazing. One bad point is the sound that's why I need a good sound setup preferrably a 2.1.was thinking of z2300..but is it good for normal cable audio? Or do I need a receiver or amp??

its been a month now using the lg & am still loving it , even badly ripped movies look good playing via the inbuild usb player. I did get the z5500 for 18k....the bass is crazy...but i feel am not exploring the full potential of the speakers when it is connected to the lcd,so i think i should go optical...might get a wdtv live player!

i need help with the speaker configuration and placement , also which optical cable (local mx or monster)....any ideas??

Did you checked Philips 32 PFL5609?Its full HD with Pixel Plus technology, i got it for my room for 33k without exchange and found to be the best in 32" LCD compared to Samsung, Sony, Sharp, Panasonic, LG etc but still my Panny PV8 beats this TV left and right.

i did check out the philips 5609 with an intention to buy it....but when i placed the lg nxt to the philips the lg did perform better at sd resolution. also played the usb movie on both and it played smoothly on lg.....if i didnt see the lg perform nxt to the philips i would have bought the philips.....also didnt like the philips looks!

pv8!!! none of them stand a chance nxt to it at sd.....i think its out of stock now.

Back