Android Poco F1 long term review

You can get original poco f1 battery and original quality display for 4.5k itself. Dont need to spend 9k.

Battery price 1325+shipping.
Display Price 2900+shipping.

Join this telegram group

Very reputed seller. He did a great job by providing original batteries to all, when poco became greedy and increased the prices of battery during lockdown.
Poco also killed this legendary device by stopping the supply of spare parts. He is still providing spares for poco f1.

He is also selling display and batteries of other mobile models and accessories.
Yeah the 4.5k local repair is also "near original" parts. "diamond" display and battery which basically mean the highest copy, right after the originals themselves?

Talking about broken displays on poco f1, I just broke the display on mine in the gym.

ezgif-5-fb43c1695e.gif

My SOT on a four year old battery
If you had to replace it, which 3rd party one would you recommend? 5h is pretty nice for 4yr old battery, but using gcam kills it pretty fast :p

I'm on Poco F1 as well, and I love this phone. With the wide array of stable custom ROMs, no present phone rn comes close to the value of this thing for me, heh.

When I do get a new phone, I plan to develop/improve pmOS for this.

If you had to replace it, which 3rd party one would you recommend? 5h is pretty nice for 4yr old battery, but using gcam kills it pretty fast :p

I'm on Poco F1 as well, and I love this phone. With the wide array of stable custom ROMs, no present phone rn comes close to the value of this thing for me, heh.

Please look at the following post by @gokul.ece22

Post in thread 'Poco F1 long term review' https://techenclave.com/threads/poco-f1-long-term-review.212509/post-2445749

He is also very passionate about his Pocophone F1 & an expert in the battery replacement business

What ROM are you using? Forgive me if you have already mentioned it before.
Havos os.
Android version 11.

I didnt update to android 13.

Awaken os is also great rom.

You can get original battery from this telegram group.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm having an F1 as well. Very satisfied with it. However, I've updated it from PE 11 to PE 12.1 (was a clean flash) a couple of months back. The battery life has come down a bit and the phone has mild occasional heating at load- both of which weren't there on PE 11.. My phone's super clean- there no YouTube, FB or Instagram. Was wondering if there's something wrong that I did or if the 12.1 version has these issues or should I go back to 11 if it was more stable?

Was wondering if there's something wrong that I did or if the 12.1 version has these issues or should I go back to 11 if it was more stable?
Yeah. It's the google play services app. It's causing the battery drain on the PE 12. There's no solution and no fix. You need to move away from that ROM.

How was PE11?

Thanks a lot for replying. I didn't have this issue with PE 11. That was marginally less smoother, but had better sustained performance and didn't heat up during normal usage. In PE12.1, it heats up even with GPS usage- something that never happened before.

I guess I'll move back to PE11. What are you running on?

Thanks a lot for replying. I didn't have this issue with PE 11. That was marginally less smoother, but had better sustained performance and Thandidn't heat up during normal usage. In PE12.1, it heats up even with GPS usage- something that never happened before.

I guess I'll move back to PE11. What are you running on?
Thanks to @lockhrt999. Had moved to the latest version of PE11 day before yesterday. No heating, battery now lasts for almost 2 days. It's 11% now after charging till 94% yesterday. I would be sticking with this rom for the foreseeable future.

Hey, does the PE11 still get unlimited backup in g photos?
Just checked- it says 'This Pixel can back up unlimited photos and videos at storage saver quality at no charge.' I guess we have unlimited backup, but not at full quality. Not sure if it's the same for all the other phones.

Please change the title to VERY LONG TERM
:laughing: So true! But this phone is a gem, doc. May not have the best camera, but with a nice (albeit not up to date) custom rom, it hums along fine even now. With PE11, it doesn't heat up much after I played GTA SA with a type-c controller for a couple of hours. Battery easily lasts for 1.5 days (can stretch to 2 days, but I top up once a day and charge till 80%) and it's built well. One of my best daily drivers till date.

Still using my poco f1 with new battery (replaced 6 months ago) as a torrent box. I'm planning to tryout postmarketos for mobile linux experience

Back