Android Poco X4 Pro with a clean Android OS without app compatibility issues?

Digigear

Disciple
Hi, that's probably an ambiguous title, so here's what I want - I bought a new phone for my dad (Poco X4 Pro 6GB/64GB) and the MIUI 13 came with way too many bloatware. I followed this tutorial to remove unwanted apps but it ended up making some apps not work as intended. I'm unable to sync contacts with the cloud and also the recent calls don't track the incoming calls and I hate the POCO launcher. It is not very intuitive to use, esp for my dad.

So I want a pure stock android experience on this phone. What are my options?

A long time ago I had rooted my phone to apply stuff like the LIneage OS or some other ROM that offered a Pixel experience but then my HDFC banking app and sometimes even the IRCTC app wouldn't launch saying that it doesn't work on rooted devices. And this makes me reluctant to go down that path. But I haven't been active on this mobile rooting, custom ROM scene in a long time. So I'm not sure if this is still a thing.

So given that I want a pure stock android experience on my POCO X4 Pro, what are my options?

A long time ago I had rooted my phone to apply stuff like the LIneage OS or some other ROM that offered a Pixel experience but then my HDFC banking app and sometimes even the IRCTC app wouldn't launch saying that it doesn't work on rooted devices. And this makes me reluctant to go down that path. But I haven't been active on this mobile rooting, custom ROM scene in a long time. So I'm not sure if this is still a thing.

So given that I want a pure stock android experience on my POCO X4 Pro, what are my options?
you don't have to root your phone in order to run LineageOS or AOSP, but I dont think x4 has any custom roms yet.

Sync contacts with which cloud? Poco's own cloud?

I had tried something similar with my K20 pro. Those apps and services are tied to each other and can impact the apps you need.

Move your contacts to Google's own contact apps and sync with gmail. It's easier to migrate them when you change/upgrade to another device.

Sync contacts with which cloud? Poco's own cloud?

I had tried something similar with my K20 pro. Those apps and services are tied to each other and can impact the apps you need.

Move your contacts to Google's own contact apps and sync with gmail. It's easier to migrate them when you change/upgrade to another device.
I'm talking about Google Contacts not being able to sync with the gmail contacts

No need to root. Just unlock your bootloader, flash custom recovery like TWRP. Flash Custom ROM like Pixel Experience if available by following instructions by the device maintainer.
If you flash LineageOS then you would need a GApps package as well.
After flashing don't flash Magisk for root.

Be careful flashing recovery on the poco as I think it shares the same for recovery and boot partition so a wrong move can corrupt and brick it.
And the rom i wud recommend for mi phones generally would be arrowos/crdroid and if going for stock miui approach eliterom/miui Europe are good options

Back