WTB Pogoplug or Pogoplug Archlinux repair service - Will pay for repairs

kuduku

Skilled
Hi
Looking for pogoplug less than 1500 . Many took it and many are not using it
If anyone wants to sell PM me

I have pogoplug Pink E02 . It was on Archlinux . Some issues while uboot update has bricked it . If anyone can repair it i will send it across and pay for repair service
Now while connecting to network its not taking an IP so will involve serial link
All LEDs still blinking so its not completely dead
or
Guide me who can unbrick with serial cable

My Pogoplug usage is going to be sharing USB HDD/flash drives on network . So if anyone knows another solution i am all ears
RPI4 exists but have to spend more than 6k including accessories for that which i dont want to
Want to simply share my HDD on network using one of such devices

Last edited:
You may have better luck at the Archlinux Arm forums if you have not already posted there.

If you are ok with USB2 and want to share only one HDD then there are several cheap options available but they would need some DIY, eg. this costs only 1185/- and has Gigabit LAN. Just add an microsd with DietPi and you should be good to go. You can even add a metal case.

Disclaimer : I have used many SBCs but not this one though.

My Pogoplug usage is going to be sharing USB HDD/flash drives on network . So if anyone knows another solution i am all ears
RPI4 exists but have to spend more than 6k including accessories for that which i dont want to
Want to simply share my HDD on network using one of such devices
Curious to know why you specifically seek the RPi 4. If sharing USB storage over your network is your primary intention, you could very well get an older generation Pi (I've seen them go here for much less than 1k) and share your storage in a multitude of ways. I've used Pi 1 devices to share storage over NFS, SSH and DLNA (and there's so many more options). And I've never really needed any "accessories", except perhaps an RTC chip to keep time. It doesn't have Gigabit ethernet, though.

You may have better luck at the Archlinux Arm forums if you have not already posted there.

If you are ok with USB2 and want to share only one HDD then there are several cheap options available but they would need some DIY, eg. this costs only 1185/- and has Gigabit LAN. Just add an microsd with DietPi and you should be good to go. You can even add a metal case.

Disclaimer : I have used many SBCs but not this one though.
But it has 1 USB port only . Looking for atleast 2 ports
Curious to know why you specifically seek the RPi 4. If sharing USB storage over your network is your primary intention, you could very well get an older generation Pi (I've seen them go here for much less than 1k) and share your storage in a multitude of ways. I've used Pi 1 devices to share storage over NFS, SSH and DLNA (and there's so many more options). And I've never really needed any "accessories", except perhaps an RTC chip to keep time. It doesn't have Gigabit ethernet, though.
Sharing USB drives over network is the only requirement . Using older Pi i never thought upon . Going for latest hardware made me forget older Gen . Even if they are not Gigabit so shouldn't matter as speeds are limited by max USB2/3 ports
let me explore that option also .

Last edited:
Well I did say if you were looking to share 1 hdd .. if you can get hold of any old rpi, nothing like it although usb2 provides a max throughput of up to 480Mbps..

Back