Monitors Poll: Which Monitor?

verma

Disciple
1. Samsung 226BW 22" with DVI - 12k locally

2. Dell SP2208WFP 22" with HDMI, Webcam, USB ports - 16k locally

3. Dell E248WFP 24" with DVI - 19k via KMD

4. Dell E228WFP 22" with DVI - 14k locally

please mention which one you'll go for and why?

Err....you are you concerned with which monitor I would go for? :huh: If you are looking to buy one, then please mention your PC config, and what games you prefer :)

verma said:
1. Samsung 226BW 22" with DVI - 12k locally

2. Dell SP2208WFP 22" with HDMI, Webcam, USB ports - 16k locally

3. Dell E248WFP 24" with DVI - 19k via KMD

4. Dell E228WFP 22" with DVI - 14k locally

please mention which one you'll go for and why?

I'd go for neither cause they all suck IMO, except the E228WFP that is.

I'd go for an LG 246Wp if I got a chance, of course already have an excellent MVA panel so maybe I'm biased :p

My vote goes to Dell E248WFP..
Only monitor there with native resolution of 1920 x 1080 (1080p).
19K via KMD is the best deal. Go for it..

muzux2 said:
My vote goes to Dell E248WFP..
Only monitor there with native resolution of 1920 x 1080 (1080p).
19K via KMD is the best deal. Go for it..

The price difference between the 22 inch and 24 inch TN panel at 12-13K for 22" and 19K for 24" is not worth the premium. Not when LG gave me a pricing of 23K for the 246Wp (MVA). I've had the distinction of testing both TN and MVA side by side and a premium of 5-6K for a native 8 bit panel is worth it for the same screen size. The fact that the LG is only 4K more makes it a steal. Also the HDMI connect and HDMI to DVI cable bundled is a huge plus for the price.

Vandal said:
The price difference between the 22 inch and 24 inch TN panel at 12-13K for 22" and 19K for 24" is not worth the premium. Not when LG gave me a pricing of 23K for the 246Wp (MVA). I've had the distinction of testing both TN and MVA side by side and a premium of 5-6K for a native 8 bit panel is worth it for the same screen size. The fact that the LG is only 4K more makes it a steal. Also the HDMI connect and HDMI to DVI cable bundled is a huge plus for the price.

Thanks Vandal, that was helpful, repped.

Vandal said:

what about quality of product?

Recently my TV tech. suggest me not to buy ANY NEW LG TV as it face PICTURE TUBE problem just within 15 months. By new he means few years back LG made very good TV sets.

PS: I don't have LG TV :)

Vandal said:

where to get 246Wp for 23k?

Emperor said:
what about quality of product?

Recently my TV tech. suggest me not to buy ANY NEW LG TV as it face PICTURE TUBE problem just within 15 months. By new he means few years back LG made very good TV sets.

PS: I don't have LG TV :)

Err.. :S :S Its an LCD Panel.. completely different product.. :p

Back