Poor Man gets some free stuff!!

Hehehe.. Poor coz my credit card debts are over the roof..

@Vandal.. if ur referring to the card being hot then i dun think so.. by default the fan speed is set to around 30% i think.. but using the ATI Expertool you can manually set the fan speed and ive set mine to 60%.. mind you its loud at 60%.. but at the same time the temps decrease insanely.. when I installed my card it was running at 75-80 degrees idle. After installing Expertool and setting the speed to 60%, now it idles at around 45degrees and on load the max temp ive seen on this card is 65 degrees. So its not that hot a card.. just that you cant set the fan speed manually on ATI Catalyst Center.

P.S.: at default fan speed the exhaust air from the card outta the cabinet is as hot as a the air outta hair dryer.. literally. :p

@i_max2k2.. will post some results once i get back home :p

Hehehe thanks Supra..

But was a bit sad inspite of all this coz wasnt able to install the E8600 on my mobo (Abit-IP35 PRO).. seems like it doesnt support the E0 :(.. now need to wait for 7 days to get the mobo I'd ordered.. OUTTA STOCK!!!!!!!!!!

The issue with the IP35-PRO is I keep getting 8.7. post code while booting which says trying to supply voltage to the proccy. Once in a while it boots up.. but if u shutdown and restart then its gone again lol.. but if u restart it from windows it restarts properly.. hehehe.

Had got it up and running.. and tried to OC it a bit.. got a stable 4.3Ghz.. heard it can go upto 4.5Ghz.. wanna try that out.. cant wait for my board :(

Here's a screenshot showing that this card isnt as hot as others think it is:

Temps at 100% fan speed:

Temps at 60% fan speed:

hey Goku did u update lastest bios so what happen u q6600 and 8800 gts 640 mb

so aer u plan u get x38 or x48 mo with new pci-express and extra oc edtion :p

awesome photos post ati 487- x/2 and good dual core e8600 for gaming only :)

@apollyon.. getting the Biostar Tpower I45 for the proccy.. heard good reviews of the board.. hope it lives up to my expectation :)

@Arun.. Yep did update to the latest BIOS but still doesnt work.. Abit might come out with some BIOS or not.. but cant wait.. really sad about that :(.. really loved the IP35 PRO a lot.. now have to sell it :(. About the proccessor.. well ill be selling it as soon as I get my Mobo. Regarding my old 8800gts 640mb.. I'd sold it a long time back and got the 8600gt.. had planned to use it till the new cards came out.. and now that they have I got them :p

Back