Poor Man gets some free stuff!!

Goku said:
Hehehe.. Poor coz my credit card debts are over the roof..

@Vandal.. if ur referring to the card being hot then i dun think so.. by default the fan speed is set to around 30% i think.. but using the ATI Expertool you can manually set the fan speed and ive set mine to 60%.. mind you its loud at 60%.. but at the same time the temps decrease insanely.. when I installed my card it was running at 75-80 degrees idle. After installing Expertool and setting the speed to 60%, now it idles at around 45degrees and on load the max temp ive seen on this card is 65 degrees. So its not that hot a card.. just that you cant set the fan speed manually on ATI Catalyst Center.

P.S.: at default fan speed the exhaust air from the card outta the cabinet is as hot as a the air outta hair dryer.. literally. :p

@i_max2k2.. will post some results once i get back home :p

Wonder how long that stock fan will live at 60%.

Anyways hot stuff. Congrats.

Vandal said:
Wonder how long that stock fan will live at 60%.

Should not be that much of a problem. I used have a ATi Tray Tool fan profile for my older 1900XT that made it run at 80% speed. Never had a problem.

Currently, I have setup my HD4850's to run at 70% fan speed. keeps the load temperatures below 64 deg and the noise they make is anyway not audible over the noise that my Panaflo Ultra high speed fans make. :p

Thx all :)

@Vandal.. hmm I wasnt aware that running it at 60% reduces the life? havent read it anywhere till now.. will google it up now that you have brought it to my notice :D.. dun wanna reduce its life :p.

@Lord Nemesis.. eheheheh.. yep.. same case with me too.. its not that audible over my other fans.. so i dun mind.. also once I have my headset on I cant hear anything so no issues.. hahaha

Back