Poor speed in BSNL 3G Bangalore Help

Hi Guys,
I got the 3G sim today and got activated just now. My mobile is Nokia 5230 connected to ovi suite through bluetooth. I have added the APN settings as bsnlnet . When i tried it just works :eek:hyeah: . I was happy and tested the speed and i got just 0.62 Mbps :mad: Dont know what is the issue. Am I missing anything else? Please help me.

Use data cable for speed improvement, speedtest donot always shows the real speed, use auditmypc internet test - better than speedtest.

I donot have data cable with me now. I will report back once i tried connecting with the data cable. The signal strength is showing full.

TE always rocks .. Thanks guys I am getting decent speed now after 50 bucks ca 101 cable. After the internet gets connected it shows 460.8kbps speed. But the result is

Tested a small 10 MB torrent download. It downloaded blistering quick. Max it attained 256KBPS thats still short of advertised 3.6 Mbps though.

You can get bsnl 3g in any Telephone exchange. I am staying in Ramamurthy nagar. I got the sim card from ITI colony telephone exchange

Could some one tell me what are the docs they are looking for I m plannin to take prepaid since I m new to B'lore I just wanna make sure I have all the docs

Do I need B'Lore address proof because all my govt. issued cards are based on my Chennai address...Will they accept those for prepaid like airtel or they will need a proof for B'lore address ?

Thanks hrohit85 for ur response

neostan said:
Do I need B'Lore address proof because all my govt. issued cards are based on my Chennai address...Will they accept those for prepaid like airtel or they will need a proof for B'lore address ?

Thanks hrohit85 for ur response

You need 2 proofs basically. 1 is the photo proof that is (Dl, voter id, pan card) second one is the residential proof identity which should be on your name and bangalore address (mostly your rental agreement) Since I do not have rental agreement with me I asked the csc, if they are ok if i provide my office id card which has bangalore residential address. They accepted that

Oh...k Thanks Vijay...My office ID dont have their address grrrr...lemme bother my landlord to get my rental agreement :)

Tested the 3G speed in chennai. To say the least its pathetic . I am staying in Porur and the max speed i can achieve is 512 kbps. Went ahead and tried utorrent it reached peak speed 200 KBPS but hovered around 150 KBPS.

What could be the reson may be so many users switched to 3G in Chennai as compared to Bangalore?

Back