Port forwarding in Beetel 220BX ADSL2+Modem

I got a 256 KB unlimited Airtel connection, with which I got Beetel 220BX ADSL2+Modem. I need to open port 80 for hosting a website.

I tried to setup the DMZ but didn't help me.
While setting the DMZ, should I give the ip of the router, i.e 192.168.1.1 or my pc internal ip.

Also console enable command is not working for me. I am a complete noob, could someone please help me.

I was able to host a website using USB modem in windows. Any help /info on this will be appriciated.

Thanks,
Salman

The new airtel beetel router airtel is providing is already blocking almost all ports. I had talked to thier executive they told me that it is already programmed in rom and can not be changed,

they said that they are providing this modem so that most users can surf in peace. (A******s)

Before suggesting anything I would like one favour from your side.
Get of the un-secure DMZ will ya?
Please go through this thread > http://www.techenclave.com/forums/port-forwarding-mtnl-10154.html
I have explained what DMZ is & its after-effects.I would never put my machine on a DMZ unless you have the time to frequently re-install everything from scratch.Above all by putting your machine in a DMZ you are virtually exposing your machine to the un-secure internet.

As for as port forwarding goes,can you post some screen shots of the router's web configuration page? Is there something like port forwarding or port triggering?

The last time I know airtel had blocked ports at their end so that not to allow users to run email & http servers.

on airtel you have an alternative. call up cc and ask them to configure your connection in such a way that you have to dial to connect instead of always online mode. this opens all ports. i was trying port forwarding initially with that modem to unblock ports for BT but had no luck. someone suggested this and it worked.

ashr said:
call up cc and ask them to configure your connection in such a way that you have to dial to connect instead of always online mode. this opens all ports.

Wouldn't you need to just configure your modem settings to switch between an always online and dial-up mode?

I'm guessing what you mentioned does work, cause I never seemed to face any problems with ports being blocked while using the dial-up way :hap5:

Crazy_Eddy said:
Wouldn't you need to just configure your modem settings to switch between an always online and dial-up mode?
I'm guessing what you mentioned does work, cause I never seemed to face any problems with ports being blocked while using the dial-up way :hap5:

yea you can do it yourself :p but i had forgotten my username and stuff so i just called them up for step by step instructions.

This might help someone

I also spent hours trying to configure port forwarding on port 80 for setting up a webserver. After spending hours nd following the same steps given on numberous sits and blogs I I gave up. Next day when I went to my office and tried to access my IP it worked :). Magic??

No. Even if you configure port forwarding on ur ip say 122.167.22.41 (router IP) to ur lan ip 192.168.1.2 then if u try to access the IP 122.*..etc it logs u into adsl router admin page.

If the connection comes from outside ur network, then automatically it took me to my website confgured via apache server. :). Port forwarding works then only ;).

Yup it works so now i just set up no-ip for dynamic ip issue. Kinda crude but well its a cheap solution.

Animesh

Back