Portable audio player

.:napster:.

Disciple
Hi all,
I would like to get a handy music player in the budget between 3k-4k. I would like to have a 2GB or 4GB player with FLAC and OGG support if possible. Video is an optional one, but i would like to have a good sound quality and a longer battery life. Please give some suggestions for buying one soon.

^^ Honestly why would you need FLAC support if you want a 2 GB/ 4 GB player. FLAC files are HUGE !!!

Anyways if you want pure audio quality, then the Sansa Clip is excellent. However it lacks video, FLAC and ogg support.

May be i would prefer a mp3 player without FLAC support inn that budget range.
Any idea about the Sansa Fuze (4/8GB) :huh: sound quality and other features. It falls under my budget though :)

^^ Dude ! Sandisk Fuze is about 6.5k for 8 GB ! Thats expensive !

Its got the same audio chip as the Clip, so sound will be very good.

Get I audio I7 4gb model. Meets your requirements exactly.
But I beleive you have to increase your budget to 6K.
Check out Cowon india Site for more info....

If you dont mind generic brands , you can check the Nationaite S-Flo 4GB

Nationite S:Flo LITE Touch Screen 8GB + Alpha Brainwavz [SFLO_LITE_8GB] - $89.50 : MP4 Nation!, :: Low Priced MP4, MP3 Players and the latest scoop on the newest MP4 Player

They ship to India and it costs 4.2k

has a 2.8" WQVGA Touch Screen , Plays MP3, WMA, FLAC, AAC, APE for audio and AVI, RM, RMVB, FLV, MP4, VOB, DAT for video

It comes with a Rockchip RK2706 DSP so sound quality will be excellent

Also comes with a pair of alpha brainwavz , excellent earphones

sansa clip and sansa fuze are both good options.

sound wise they are the same, only thing in the fuze is the screen and hence you can play video on it. However, do note that the video quality on the fuze is inferior to the one on Creative Zen and Apple Ipod

+ 1 to Sansa Clip. Pair it with a set of good earphones, and it beats even most of the high end music players in sound. I personally feel its sound is better than the IPod's. Hell even the Creative Zenstone has better sound than IPods.

I have used a older Sansa and it was pretty good. I now use the Transcend MP630 and that is very nice and versatile for my use. SQ is fine too. Only thing is the earphones are a bit flimsy so you'll have to go and get the EP630 sooner or later. It will still fit comfortably in your budget.

Back