Other Possible to get display repaired?

BullettuPaandi

Disciple
I don't mean to replace with another one. I mean, to fix the existing one.

I'm using an almost 4 years old K20 Pro. A while back the display got faulty - Even at max brightness it was only about 0.1% bright, I'd say. I could see the display working in a pitch-dark room, but wasn't anywhere near being intelligible. Both official service center & local technician said they can't fix it. I wasn't using the phone much then, so I replaced the display locally to a cheap LCD one and have been regretting this ever since.

I still have the original AMOLED. Just wondering if there are any technicians who can fix this.

I would say, try visiting another official service center, or contacting one in a major city. Fixing displays is very difficult, the person working on it needs to have a good grip on how the display tech works.

Search your phone here - https://www.mi.com/in/service/sparepartsprice/

The front display module is 8k, and since the phone is 4 years old might as well get the battery changed.

Local displays / batteries are never worth the money. I skipped out on replacing the screen of my Mi A1, the replacement display had hella thin glass which cracked after 3 months of usage. Sad part, I only had to pay 3k more for a genuine display.

I would not recommend buying spares unless you know how to spot first or second copy fakes.

Even you decide to go for repair, do not hand over to makeshift type shop at road side corner, near bus stop, railway station or near to slum/semi-slum area, they all are No.1 scamsters either make your handset condition worst or remove/replace original parts... they may quote you 50% or more lower than prevailing market price.

Back