Camera possible to put photos back in the camera??

indy1811

Skilled
ok here's the thing...i kinda like connecting the camera to the TV to go through photos..is it possible to somehow copy images stored on the hdd back to the camera and view them.i tried copying them to the memory card via card reader but it doesn't show up in the camera slideshow..i have a canon ixus 65 camera...anybody??

I did it on my Sony DSC L1.. renamed the image file in exactly the same way my camera would have.. (DSC0xxxx.jpg) making it sure there wasn't any other file with that name and copied it back to the camera.. it shows up..

Certainly it is possible. Take a look at the folder management system of your camera. Copy and paste will work fine. Root directories are used mostly by the cams.
Happy viewing.

@shakensoul there isnt any other folder its one single folder so..

@rishia tried that didnt work...

@ratna333 no option to paste anywhere..windows detects it as camera so no option of pasting...

any other suggestions?? guys with canon pls help!!

Firstly, did u rename the pictures once u copied them to ur comp? If u did then u'll have to rename them back to the way they were/are named in the camera...

Click some pictures with the camera and read the mem card with a card reader.. See where all the new pictures are stored (in kodak its a folder called DCIM).. U may have to check 'show hidden files n folders' in explorer.. Also see how they are numbered(it'll normally be some no. series like 100_0027.jpg with an optional prefix - DSC for sony).. That should give u an idea how to rename the pics on ur comp and then just copy them back to the same folder...

Should work...

Well, I own two Canons. The camera should show itself as a device in your system (My computer). You should be able to open as in the case you do in any drive of your HDD. Just rightclick and open. Then watch where the pics are kept (in which folder/root directory) etc. Copy/paste does the rest.
If you still cannot understand, use the latest version of Zoombrowser. Download it at canon website.
It has an option of transferring pics to the cam from HDD.
Best of luck...

I guess you're missing the fact that, once you're camera is detected in windows, it'll also show in the explorer as a Drive, that is where you can go and browse the directory structure within the memory device of your camera... and thats where you would paste you picture

if you have canon drivers on board the camera will not be recognised as a removable drive but as a camera itself so windows will not allow to copy paste from HDD to Camera. Thats what i have understood, correct me if i am wrong.

I have not seen any canon camera being recognised as a removable drive, may be because of pictbridge feature.

I have seen sony cameras being recognised as a removable drive.

But IIRC recording mechanism of cameras is different than pc so most probably it wont recognise the files written from pc.

I have a canon A75 and windows detects it as a camera. No option to paste the files in explorer(its greyed out). Will try the zoombrowser method as Ratna suggested.

^tried that method it supports only transferring photos which havent been edited..but it works for unedited photos so thanks ratna....

Back