Video Possible to use external TV tuner with Tata Sky ?

idea said:
Very Happy to know that ...:hap2: :hap2: Thanks ..
Thanks for i/p. I already got some llok a like cable ...i think this will do the trick ...

Now major problem is Which DTH to opt for .... ?? :( recently SUN DTH ...is giving away all installation with 6 mnoth subscri .. for Rs 500/- .... i dont know if it is there in pune?

or Tata/airtel/reliace/dish which one is better..???

What is the cable called? The colored inputs look like RCA inputs? what is the output?

idea said:
Err .. Sorry .. was away, so could not revert.

Do you still have this issue?

Thanks for reverting, it was a faulty piece so I returned it & the new one is working fine, bought the cable connector too.

Hey idea pls explain me also. See if LCD has both DVI and D-sub(VGA) connectors, but then also we have to use D-sub(VGA) connector of LCD, as it first goes to external tv tuner card and then one output from there goes to cpu.

So we cant use DVI port of LCD, am i right?

3460083336_554965e45b_o.jpg

This is the output u used, which first went to external tv tuner and then same another kind of output went to CPU, correct??

saqib_khan said:
Hey idea pls explain me also. See if LCD has both DVI and D-sub(VGA) connectors, but then also we have to use D-sub(VGA) connector of LCD, as it first goes to external tv tuner card and then one output from there goes to cpu.

So we cant use DVI port of LCD, am i right?

3460083336_554965e45b_o.jpg

This is the output u used, which first went to external tv tuner and then same another kind of output went to CPU, correct??

I am using External TV tuner. There is no need of CPU ? it connects to monitor direclty w/o cpu using dvi/vga. My computer/laptop is not attached to monitor. I have independent monitor for both.

Ya, i know external tv tuner card doesn't require CPU, but what if I have a CPU?

U used vga or DVI port of LCD for connecting to tv tuner? Because my external tv tuner doesn't have DVI, so I will have to compulsorily use my VGA port of tv tuner.

The Tech-Com TV tuner you are probably talking about might be SSD TV 723 at:
TECH-COM

If thats the case, I think I am having a piece lying with me, not being used. If you are from Mumbai, you can take and test it.

Interestingly, can't one go for 'DishTV Computer' which can directly connect to LCD monitor ? In fact I don't know much about quality and such... So, would like inputs from every one on ths:
VGA Box: Video Graphics Array (VGA)

I have quick query.

I am planning to order hauppauge 2250 (dual channel) tv tuner. My requirement is two see one channel and record other.

Can I do this with TATA SKY as I have heard that with STB you will get only one signal and hence you can't watch/record two channles

Hey Idea,

I have Reliance Big TV connection. Need to connect it to LG Flatron L1710B LCD monitor. (monitor has option of USB input, normal PC input).

Please suggest the best option for selecting a TV tuner card....

Thanks in advance :)

Back