Post your in-game screenshots & gameplay videos

Re: The post your in-game screenshot's thread

np! it only just barely manages 25-30 fps on my rig, and im sure it drops below in heavy action, so if you are getting a new rig for the game (and future heavier titles like Rage or Far Cry 2), make sure you have at least 3ghz (say E8400) and one of the OCed 8800GTs for a 22 inch LCD, and preferably one of the newer 9 series cards (GTX or GX2) or 3870X2 if you want good performance on a 24 LCD :)

vishalrao said:
np! it only just barely manages 25-30 fps on my rig, and im sure it drops below in heavy action, so if you are getting a new rig for the game (and future heavier titles like Rage or Far Cry 2), make sure you have at least 3ghz (say E8400) and one of the OCed 8800GTs for a 22 inch LCD, and preferably one of the newer 9 series cards (GTX or GX2) or 3870X2 if you want good performance on a 24 LCD :)

Nah he's just bought a 19" WS LCD so a 9600GT(cheaper than 8800gt) will drive it fine at 1440x900res

oic, then prolly good to get an 8800GT anyway for upcoming titles, like rage and far cry 2 :)

My plan is to upgrade my computer at this year end.
Right now there are just too many new graphics cards and cpus being released every few months.
Also, im busy with work this entire year, and will not find time for gaming even if I do get a new rig.

Looking at the quality you are getting in your SS, I'm optimistic that even a medium rig I purchase by the end of this year will have enough juice to run all the games released in 2007 and 2008 at good details smoothly.

Right now I'm on 266Mhz ddr ram and 4x agp card and 2.53P4 cpu, and supprisingly enough I can still enjoy some of the new games.

broar94 said:
Nah he's just bought a 19" WS LCD so a 9600GT(cheaper than 8800gt) will drive it fine at 1440x900res

9600GT will seem like a total waste of money just 6 months from now.
I will probably buy a card for 6000Rs which is about 2 times as powerful than the 9600GT in about 6-8 months time.

As far as hardware upgrades go... the longer you are able to wait the sweeter upgrade you get.

end of this year? that's great. then for sure you can get a 45nm quad core cpu (q9300 or q9450 or even AMD Shanghai maybe) and decent gpu to run the latest games at good frame rates well within your budget :)

i too had been thinking about getting a new desktop (wanted only quad core and 24 inch LCD) since about October... prices were out of my range back then... prices dropped like mad until i could get my current rig just last week within my budget :eek:hyeah:

dsarosh said:
9600GT will seem like a total waste of money just 6 months from now.
I will probably buy a card for 6000Rs which is about 2 times as powerful than the 9600GT in about 6-8 months time.

As far as hardware upgrades go... the longer you are able to wait the sweeter upgrade you get.

yeah I know. you are waiting for 2009 arent you :p?

I experienced soemthing similar.
Back in about 2000 or 2001 I purchased an Intel Pentium 4 1.7GHz willamate core for a whooping 9500Rs. That was real bad purchase. I paid Rs.9500/- for a 400fsb cpu with 256kb cache and running at 1.7Ghz. That was the time when intel had just launched their Pentium 4 series of cpus with much hype and advertisements on tv, just like they did for the first set of dual core cpus. And I had been using a Pentium 3 450Mhz for the past 4 years, so I was pretty excited about having a P4 that was 4 times faster.
Just 4 months later Intel launched the Northwood core which was far superior thant he willamate core.

Lucky I was able to get a 2.53Ghz northwood last year and it my motheboard supports it, so I am on a motherboard that is 4 years old and my 266mhz ddr ram is 5 years old already.

The graphics cards available for about 10,000RS by the end of this year will be something else, they will probably have onboard physics chips too and 2gb ram, who knows.

And as broar rightly pointed out, the max resolution I can play at is 1400x900, so I can be sure of blazing frame rates on all previous games even on max settings even on a mid range card released at around 2009.

Thanks for your SS dude, crysis seems to be the best looking game till date.

vishalrao said:
If you don't mind sharing, is the game lagging on your cpu too?
Is the cpu bottlenecking or is it the gpu?

I guess there is really no affordable hardware to play the latest games smoothly. The best bet seems to be to buy current-gen hardware and play previous-gen games on it.

Crysis is GPU limited, most of the dual core CPU can handle it easily if you have a high end Graphics card.

@dsarosh: Right, it looks like to me too that Crysis is GPU bound. And you will definitely enjoy your desktop upgrade, even if you get it now and dont wait til year end... Upgrading after waiting at least 3 yrs you can feel the speed/power boost :eek:hyeah: whereas if you keep upgrading every year or 2 you probably spend a lot of cash for small improvements... I moved from a 3-yr-old P4 2.4 with 512mb RAM and 7600GT/256 to a quad core with 8800GT... drool...

Thanks for the info, and I am eager for my upgrade.
I dont want to upgrade now because I want to focus on work and not get distracted.

What I found very interesting is that I can still play of the latest games and actually enjoy them. I played Call of Juarez at some settings at high, and I cant compre it to the visual quality you would get, but I really enjoyed that game.
I also played the entire game Timeshift at low medium settings.
Recently I tried UT 2008 and it looks aweful at the lowest settings.
I also tried Bioshift at 640 resolution and lowest possible graphics, but I would get max 13fps and it would often drop to 6fps.
Games like half life have great graphics and still play very nice on older systems.

I gess it largely depends on how much time and effort the game developers put into writing optimized code for low end systems.

At the pace at which Intel is releasing new cpus and nvidia is releasing new cards every six month, I will be able to get a system for 20,000Rs that will play all games released upto 2007 with full detail and great visuals.

I already paid 5000Rs for 600W cooler master, so that psu is good for the next 5 years atleast:)

nothing gr8 compared the the ones in this thread , but here are a few from my *onboard* 7050 , plays NFSMW @ 800*600 on my 17" LCD just fine.......this is with all gfx @ 50%....can play at 1024*768 as well , but thats with all gfx at LOW.

Unreal tournament 2008 again, at 1400x900
This is the same level which I had posted in this same thread, now this is on 8500GT.
Id say its performing quite well.
Some screens are from the intro movie, others from the first level.

Some from colin mcgrea dirt.
With my earlier card I couldnt even get to see the intro movie.
Game runs at 8fps at 1400x900.
Im going to keep this game installed until I get a new card year end:)

Back