PC Peripherals power button not working,how to switch on manually

downgamers

Disciple
the power button got damaged,and the spring inside it got faulty
so i am unable to switch on the system
i need to know how to manually switch it on by putting a jumper or any other way
i have no problem if it starts directly when i switch on the ups

you need to momentarily short the power header on the motherboard..

i dont think you can use a jumper because that will permanently short the header pins...the 'leaving' part is important..

if you have a 2pin connector of the kind required, you can leave the wires hanging out of the cabby...

stellarhopper said:
you need to momentarily short the power header on the motherboard..

i dont think you can use a jumper because that will permanently short the header pins...the 'leaving' part is important..

if you have a 2pin connector of the kind required, you can leave the wires hanging out of the cabby...

i am unable to identify the power header,i checked the mobo but not finding it and i removed the wires,so i dont where it was fixed exactly

what is ur MB model, for most of the MB it will be present in the lower right corner. but it may wary, if u can give ur MB model it would be helpful

New power button will cost you Max Rs.60/- (if honest dealer) else Rs.250+

In actual it NOT COST more than Rs.20/-. Search with dealer who deal in 2nd hand system.

Emperor said:
New power button will cost you Max Rs.60/- (if honest dealer) else Rs.250+
In actual it NOT COST more than Rs.20/-. Search with dealer who deal in 2nd hand system.

yes i asked a dealer he said that's an old model cabinet and is not available
he asked me to change the whole cabinet

if you can manage to locate and identify the m/b header pinouts then simply use the reset jumper wire on the PWR header on the m/b. both the power and reset buttons on the case are momentary switches and are basically identical and interchangable, only instead of pressing the power button on the case press the reset button to start the system.

Back