PC Peripherals Power consumption of APC 1000Va UPS?

namnocilis

Disciple
i am planning to get a APC 1000Va UPS this time.. but concerned about the power consumption, how much electricity does it draw at any given point of time?

does the UPS always draw the same amount of power from the wall socket even after it is fully charged?

also does it work fine with Cosair VX450W PSU? coz i am planning to get that..
i m changing the PSU and UPS just because the currently my system restarts during a powercut..
anybody using this combo?
:huh:

Dont know abt the power consumption,but i'm using a Corsair VX 550W PSU(Active PFC) & APC Backup RS 1100 VA UPS(Non Sinewave).On Battery power, the PSU buzzes a little(Very very faint noise,HARDLY audible),but other than that, NO Problems! Have Backup of around 10-15 minutes with my 19" CRT Monitor!

It is not recommended to use a Active PFC PSU with a non-Pure Sinewave UPS. But the APC Smart UPS 1000VA costs 10-13k. When the battery is fully charged, the power draw will almostbe the same as equipment connected to it.

^^ yes, i dont have enough money to change for a Pure sinewave UPS now & similarly many Indians does not have the budget for a APC smart UPS for 12-13K INR!So if it works(even jhonny Guru does NOT mind that),use the Active PFC PSU with a non-Pure Sinewave UPS, & save the moolah,as it has applied for me!

countrock said:
It is not recommended to use a Active PFC PSU with a non-Pure Sinewave UPS. But the APC Smart UPS 1000VA costs 10-13k. When the battery is fully charged, the power draw will almostbe the same as equipment connected to it.

Power drawn will always be more than the power consumed by the equipment connected to it and it will depend on the efficiency of the UPS. The core used in the transformer will play major part and for eg. if the core is CRGO, the loss will be less than a CNRGO core. If the transformer is torroid, the loss will be even less. (But not sure if torroid is being used in UPS)

Back