Graphic Cards power saver card

rainisland

Disciple
I had Palit 9800 gt 1gb graphics card, which I gave for rma as it had heating issue. The sent me a new card on which is there no power pin connector. When I asked about it, the company told me that it is a power saver card. My question is can a power save card work properly without the power pin connector? Actually, played cod4 with it and found that it plays the game well. But can it play well the games GTA IV and crysis and other graphic intensive games?

If there is only minor difference between the normal Palit 9800 gt and this power saver edition, I would like to keep it. It'll also be less demanding on my psu.

I have a feeling this is another case of the green edition 9800GT. If so they dont require a power pin connector and would be fine to play all games but performance may be a tad slower than your normal 9800GT.

they gave green edition card.... power saver is money saver for them..return and demand similar or better to what you submitted.

madnav said:
they gave green edition card.... power saver is money saver for them..return and demand similar or better to what you submitted.

Actually the "green" edition 96/9800GT cards are a bit more expensive in the market. Clocks are slightly less but the power saving is there too. I would keep the card. :)

imoen said:
Actually the "green" edition 96/9800GT cards are a bit more expensive in the market. Clocks are slightly less but the power saving is there too. I would keep the card. :)

Bloo** Hell

You can keep the card imoen

The 9800gt Green edition is nothing more than a 9600GSO if that helps you to make the decision easily.

Quickly ask them to change it to GTS 250 for free or 1.5k extra

Demand them politely though. It always works . Either the money or the behaviour

You are losing out on performance bro.

Hurry

Specs/clocks may change over various brands at times.
Manufacturers keep launching crippled versions of EOL stuff.

Check specs, use some benchmark tool you are familiar with and then decide if you want to keep it or exchange for something similar/better performing or take a refund and buy something new. :)

Back