PC Peripherals Power supply needed for the given config

rdst_1

Skilled
Hi guys,
For the past few days my PC used tio shut down suddenly and there used to be a kinda burning smell and the power supply was running a little bit too hot to my liking.
Today that happened again but the PC has failed to restart and i am pretty sure that my SMPS has conked off.

1 My current SMPS is the Gigabyte Superb 460 and i am pretty sure it isnt enough for my config and i will definitely buy a new one but just wanna know what is the warranty duration that Gigabyte provides for its power supplies. I bought it from lynx-india and they say that it is only 1 year. I thought it would be at least 3 years, so if someone knows for sure please let me know.

2) I am thinking of ordering Corsair HX 650W. Have even paid advance for it. I am getting it for 7100. Just wanted to ask and be sure that it still comes with 7 year warranty.

My PC config is:
1) Phenom II X4 955BE
2) Sapphire HD 6950 1GB model
3) 2x 250GB hard disks.

1.Yes Gigabyte Superb 460W has 1 year so it's out of warranty.
2.The HX650W has 7 year warranty so no need to worry there,The Corsair TX650V2-5.4k would've been enough but HX series is solid and it'll run excellent for long time so good buy.
Hope this helps.:)

1.Yes Gigabyte Superb 460W has 1 year so it's out of warranty.
2.The HX650W has 7 year warranty so no need to worry there,The Corsair TX650V2-5.4k would've been enough but HX series is solid and it'll run excellent for long time so good buy.
Hope this helps.:)

Thanks mate. Yeah even i was gonna go for TX instead of HX, but it has only 3 years warranty so thought of spending extra for 7 year warranty and the modularity of the SMPS.

Little correction,The Corsair TX series has 5 years warranty.So you could go for TX650V2.
Thanks mate. Yeah even i was gonna go for TX instead of HX, but it has only 3 years warranty so thought of spending extra for 7 year warranty and the modularity of the SMPS.

Dear dont you think that 7yrs warranty is too.If because of such a big warranty u are paying more its better go for 5 years warranty you can save mone also. Brands u can choose seasonic/ cooler master/Antec or corsair.

Back