PC Peripherals power supply problem?

lazyme

Adept
I'm having some problems with my 400W Colorsit SMPS.When I boot my machine I get a warning on the screen saying 'Please connect the power connector for your GPU' though it is already connected.On rebooting again it boots fine.This is happening a lot lately.Tried to change the GPU power connector too but the problem persists.The voltages Everest displays are 3.31V,5.05V and 11.78V.Also if it is a PSU problem please suggest me a good PSU for around 1k.
Thanks

An X800XT on a Colorsit is definitely asking for trouble , it does look to be the PSU.

Use a multimeter to ensure the cables arent at fault, and to measure the voltages on load/during boot.

Bump up your budget to around 1.4k and pick up a Powersafe 400W model.

Checked with a multimeter..the voltages it shows is
+12V : 12.45V
+5V : 5.09V
Even at full load the voltages remain the same.
Are the voltages fine?You still think its a PSU problem?
Disconnected my UPS yesterday for debugging and the problem hasnt occured since then.You think it could be a UPS problem? :S

A possibility is that your card is drawing too much current. While your PSU can supply it, it is being current limited when your UPS is in line.

I'm no electrical expert, but I was told the same explanation by an electrical serviceman when I was having problem with an appliance.

Back