Graphic Cards PowerColor RMA / Support experience

Nikhil Pundlik

Disciple
About 13 Months ago, I had bought a Powercolor HD 7770 from Laminton Road, Mumbai from one of the reputed shops (Not disclosing the name for the time being).

About a week back, the card started giving me problems. (You can skip this part, its general info)

Note : No Physical Damange. No mis-handling. No Overclocking done.Not burnt. No case of hair / smoke / dust clogging GPU fan and/or increasing tempratures, Card always ran cool.

1) HDMI Port stopped working 8 weeks before mainstream problems started. Was using VGA cable to avoid RMA
2) Suddenly one day, there were dense horizontal lines on my screen, so dense that Windows desktop was almost invisible and inoperable.
3) Somehow, using judgement (without anything barely visible on the screen) i was able to change the display to 720p from 1080p. The horizontal lines then disappeared for sometime. But everytime I put the GPU under load, either playing a 1080p movie or launching a game, the GPU crashed. Grey screen and computer hangs. Or if am lucky i get the BSOD with " beginning to dump physical memory in 3..2..1..." something on those lines..
4) Works with Safe Mode on windows. My guess is everytime it is subjected to any kind of load, the GPU crashes.

I tried to look up Powercolor RMA India on internet, and I really had to go through a lot of forums, websites, etc to get an address or a phone number. I finally managed to get a phone number I called them up and they gave me a RMA address in Lamington road. -

RMA Handled by Abacus Peripherals

Abacus Peripherals,
Atlantic House,
3rd Floor,
Next to Police Station,
Lamington Road, Mumbai

Phone Numbers :
1800-22-1988
022 4091 4604

There was a elderly gentleman sitting there, he wrote down the Serial Number on a job sheet.

Apparently, the card will now be sent to Bhiwandi (Thane) warehouse . It will be checked for faults. If found, then it will be sent to Daman for RMA. Back to Bhiwandi. Back to Mumbai. The whole process can take upto 2 weeks. He said I will recieve a call from them when inspect the card.

Waiting for the call now. Will keep you posted. Hope to help fellow members with my experience.

BTW - I bought the card because I was on a really tight budget. But the card has performed excellently for the past year. Ofcourse I cannot max out BF3, but on medium-high settings I get about 60 fps and for a card with that price, I was amazed. The card ran relatively quiet and cool as well. So far no problems with Powercolor. Lets see if their RMA changes my opinion. But performance for the price rating is 8/10

Hope to keep you guys posted.

Update 1 :

Called up Bhiwandi Center for Powercolor / Abacus Peripherals. A lady answered my call and she was very professional and polite. Full Marks for that.She said their facility has recieved the card, and the card will be replaced in 3 days. Asked me to check back on Thursday.

Whether I get the same card (new / refurbished) or a different card (new/refurbished) - I dont know.
So far so good, so heres hoping for the best.

Will keep you guys posted.

Good that without any raised questions they agreed for replacement. You will probably get a new card altogether though you might confirm the same once you receive the call.

If there is a chance of getting a credit note, take it and buy a newer card for the same amount. They offer this option if a replacement can't be given.

If there is a chance of getting a credit note, take it and buy a newer card for the same amount. They offer this option if a replacement can't be given.

Do you have personal experience with this ? With PowerColor (RMA-Abacus Peripherals) or another vendor ? Thats an interesting option that I'd like to know about. Thanks !

Update 2.

Called up Bhiwandi Office again. This time a gentleman asnwered the phone. He said the card will be dispatched soon. You can collect it this Saturday from Lamington road. So far so good, and If i get it this Saturday in a working condition - that would mean a full turn around in a week - which is extremely good. Heres hoping !

Update 3.

I got a replacement. It didnt look new (looks a refurbished or repaired version of someone else's card) .
I put it in, powered it up - but PC doesnt boot.
When i power it on, my Asus motherboard gives out 1 long beep followed by 3 short beeps.
Quick google tells me its a videocard problem. Any1 faced such an issue before ?[DOUBLEPOST=1412784628][/DOUBLEPOST]Update 4.

I have sent an email to Abacus (who handle powercolor support) to look into the issue. Awaiting reply.

Last edited:
Submitted my replacement (DOA) card once again to thier lamington road service center. Dropped a few emails to thier support team to let them know of my situation. So far, they have been really excellent - polite and professional and ready to help. Hope this continues. Digging around, I found this. Will be helpful to you guys in the future.
Contains all the info you will ever need for Powercolor / Biostar / etc whatever is handled by Abacus.

Attachments

• Abacus-Branch-Details.pdf
    109.6 KB · Views: 273
Recieved my card on Friday. It was a brand new, sealed box pack of R7 250. I am a bit disappointed that they gave me a card thats inferior to a 7770.
7770 outperforms r7 250 on all benchmars ( as r7 250 is basically a re-branded 7730 ) .

However, I have no time and energy to argue my case with Abacus anymore. I had given up all hope and was anyways going to buy myself a better card. So whatever I got, i consider it as a bonus. I'll keep it for now, and use it as a reserve when my more expensive card that I will buy soon will go bust.

Case Closed - Experience of dealing with Powercolor RMA with Abacus : 5/10

ahh can you send me a powercolor support email or phone no, ...i m just about to buying a power color red devil 7900xtx that's why i wanna know is there any service center here in delhi or not ?

Submitted my replacement (DOA) card once again to thier lamington road service center. Dropped a few emails to thier support team to let them know of my situation. So far, they have been really excellent - polite and professional and ready to help. Hope this continues. Digging around, I found this. Will be helpful to you guys in the future.
Contains all the info you will ever need for Powercolor / Biostar / etc whatever is handled by Abacus.
this pdf you attached with your comments its really helping me to find out a power color serives/dealer center at my city thank you sir ... now i know there is a service center in here new delhi nerhu place

ahh can you send me a powercolor support email or phone no, ...i m just about to buying a power color red devil 7900xtx that's why i wanna know is there any service center here in delhi or not ?

this pdf you attached with your comments its really helping me to find out a power color serives/dealer center at my city thank you sir ... now i know there is a service center in here new delhi nerhu place
My friend, this thread you've replied to is almost 10 years old. I don't think abacus exists anymore

Here's the real service provider/distributor for powercolor

Ishq he to risk he :p I remember emailing them for 6800XT buy for red devil version.

1688333145137.png

My friend, this thread you've replied to is almost 10 years old. I don't think abacus exists anymore

Here's the real service provider/distributor for powercolor
i came here with my second id..i don't know why they rejected my previous id i didn't do anything wrong it said use id 1...i don't know its what mean, i just created an account at that time to communicate with that guy..so sir, you are saying that abacus and its services don't go out now, may be you are right bz its almost 10year now..and you share a link which includes the address and phone number of the Power Color seller.. It is located in Mumbai India..I have already gone through that site and many more I called them and they did not. answere me because that contact no. does not exits anymore i dont now why and there was an a site below the no. i opened it and site just wiped out or what whappend i do not know..Where is it mentioned on that Power Color Tiwani site ...so sir i just have a one simple question is there anything about exiting services/RMA or other service center store here in delh of power color gpu companey beacouse i need to know there are good services of power color in my city ..i just about to buying a new RX7900xtx from powercolor so its important to me ..so anyone know is there services center/rma of power color in here delhi so please reply my message

Ishq he to risk he :p I remember emailing them for 6800XT buy for red devil version.

View attachment 172159
I have already gone through that site and many times I called them and they did not. answere me because that contact no. does not exits anymore i dont now why and there was an a site below the no. i opened it and site just wiped out or what happend i do not know..Where is it mentioned on that Power Color Tiwani site ...so sir i just have a one simple question is there anything about exiting services/RMA or other service center store here in delh of power color gpu companey because i need to know ..i just about to buying a new RX7900xtx from power color so its important to me ..so anyone know is there services center/rma of power color in here delhi so please reply my message and mention a contact no. and address please i will appreciate your helpful comment

i came here with my second id..i don't know why they rejected my previous id i didn't do anything wrong it said use id 1...i don't know its what mean, i just created an account at that time to communicate with that guy..so sir, you are saying that abacus and its services don't go out now, may be you are right bz its almost 10year now..and you share a link which includes the address and phone number of the Power Color seller.. It is located in Mumbai India..I have already gone through that site and many more I called them and they did not. answere me because that contact no. does not exits anymore i dont now why and there was an a site below the no. i opened it and site just wiped out or what whappend i do not know..Where is it mentioned on that Power Color Tiwani site ...so sir i just have a one simple question is there anything about exiting services/RMA or other service center store here in delh of power color gpu companey beacouse i need to know there are good services of power color in my city ..i just about to buying a new RX7900xtx from powercolor so its important to me ..so anyone know is there services center/rma of power color in here delhi so please reply my message

I have already gone through that site and many times I called them and they did not. answere me because that contact no. does not exits anymore i dont now why and there was an a site below the no. i opened it and site just wiped out or what happend i do not know..Where is it mentioned on that Power Color Tiwani site ...so sir i just have a one simple question is there anything about exiting services/RMA or other service center store here in delh of power color gpu companey because i need to know ..i just about to buying a new RX7900xtx from power color so its important to me ..so anyone know is there services center/rma of power color in here delhi so please reply my message and mention a contact no. and address please i will appreciate your helpful comment
Here's the correct website

here's the contact page

And for delhi
DELHI
NITIN MITTAL ,
Mob : 9650026988

Here's the correct website

here's the contact page

And for delhi
DELHI
NITIN MITTAL ,
Mob : 9650026988
thanks for your help sir i really appreciate your helpful hand toward on me thank you i will call them tomorrow because its too late now.. but i dont know why punjab and delhi branch does not include their proper address never mind i asked them tomorrow though phone call ..

Last edited:
Back