Audio Powered bookshelves suggestion

Vandal

Skilled
I'm considering a decent bedroom set up. I've decided to go the powered router, as I can't afford an amp right now, and my bedroom is cramped as it is.

The Audio Engine A5 was an obvious contender, in fact the only powered bookshelf I about, other than the Cambridge Audio S30 and the smaller A3. Are there any other options for powered bookshelves that I can buy in India that would offer better sound at a slightly higher or similar price?

Adam A5 or higher. Will cut the crap outta the AE5s.

A5s start around 24k and go up to 37k for A7X.

A7X>A5X>A7>A5X

You can find all these at bajaao.

However, personally, I would recommend going for a stereo receiver + Wharf 9.1/9.2 OR Polk Audio Monitor 50 x 2 Towers for Rs.8k each inc shipping from shopyourworld.com through amazon.com.

Given these choices, I would say Polk/Adam > Wharf >= AE5

I also intend to add a small sub to the mix, say the Wharfedale SW150 or something in that price range. Would/should that affect my choice? I'll add the sub slightly later though. Would your suggestions differ?
I'll mostly use these for music, but don't discount the occasional game, maybe a movie.

Amongst active bookshelves/monitors,

AE5 PERIOD (assuming a max of 25-30k budget)

Otherwise:

A Harman Kardon stereo receiver + Wharf 9.2, should set you back about 30k in total

Either ways, a sub should be optional

Back