ppoe troubleshooting help required!

6pack

ex-Mod
My bsnl broadband started giving some issues lately. whenever i start downloading something from net through torrent or download manager it works fine for abt 1-2 hrs and then the ppoe light on my d-link modem goes off.
then even browsing stops, but the adsl light is always on. :S

if i restart the comp, the ppoe connection works again. but same thing happens after abt 2 hrs. :huh:

in modem log it says adsl not connected sometimes, but the adsl light on modem is still on???
tried to reset modem to factory defaults and make new connection, still same thing happens.

i then tried in bridge mode, but same thing happens after abt 1 hr, ie browsing and downloads stop.
is issue with the connection or the machine?

also in bridged mode, since ip is dynamic and changing i cannot login to private trackers - wrong ip address. (in ppoe mode - i could login since my ip address was saved as 127.0.0.1 :D )

any troubleshooting tips that will help me??

It could be an issue at BSNL end. Is this a regular problem ?

My tata connection went kaput today. The PPP light was off and the wan light was on. I checked with them, he said fibre cut. They have fixed it now.

I think it is the heating problem. I was skeptical, thinking it was the 502t and indeed it is. Try using a fan close to the working modem and report if problem persists.

no its not a heating issue bro .

R u a heavy downloaders ? same thing happened to me on 3rd,4th and 5th of this month . in free hours they disconnect me after 1-2 hours . but now everything is stable . u should complain them at NIB .

found out that adsl gets disconnected frequently. every 10 mins or so. must be line prob. right now connection is swinging between 0/0 to 512/712 kbps

edit: even while just writing this above line it got disconnected :mad:

I also have problem with GLB-502t and for its the lame overheating problem, have given it to D-Link Service center for f/w upgrade which acc. to them will fix the problem :S. oh btw, when i used a 120mm fan to cool the 502t it was working fine 24*7. Its a crappy modem anyways, google for it.

yup quite noisy! i get error 678 while trying to connect through bridge mode.

seems like line problem here.

where do i check this snr ratio?

Back