Precautions before handing over cash for a laptop bought through Flipkart ?

tech12

Disciple
Hi Guys,

Just ordered a laptop on Flipkart with the pay cash on delivery option.

Do you suggest any precautions prior to handing the cash to the courier delivery guy and signing the receipt slip ... such as checking up the contents to see if the box contains everything it needs to or for any damages etc. ?

As you might understand, once the money has changed hands it might be difficult validating any claims later on....

What i suggest is that open the package in front of the courier guy. If possible take pics and video of the unpacking. This helps your case if the item is broken or not as described.

The courier guys will never allow you to open the package before payment . Even flipkart guys say so its not possible , first pay and then you do what you want .
And not one particular courier but all do the same .
If you are demanding , they will readily take back the courier but wont hand it over to you .

Thank you all, so what's the solution then... ? perhaps pay them but check the contents before signing the receipt and as Raksrules says perhaps take pics and video if anything is wrong....?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure why this has been moved to a General Thread.... I believe this is an absolutely appropriate post about BUYING A LAPTOP and PRECAUTIONS ONE SHOULD TAKE WHEN BUYING A LAPTOP ONLINE.....

Even any later visitors to this forum later who come here to seek advice on What/Which Laptop to buy would benefit from the discussion and experience shared by the members here on what to be careful about when purchasing online....

It's not about GENERAL CURRENT AFFAIRS in and around us us such as increase in diesel/petrol prices ....

At the moment you have moved the post to a forum whee it perhaps will have no more answers or discussion because I don't think people looking to discuss or buy laptops have any interest visiting a forum that is completely unrelated to Buying a Laptop .... even I after being a member for so many days have ever visited tis forum

And perhaps if you hadn't moved this post here, perhaps even for many more years and months , I would never ever have visited or known about the existence of a forum called General Talk...

Back