Precision screwdriver set

TechUser00

Disciple
Any suggestions/recommendation for a good precision screwdriver set for electronic repairs and has all the required bits. Most screw driver set in market can not handle high torque and gets bends or tip gets broken.
I need a recommendation for a good screw driver set which can withstand rough screws.

ifixit is a reputed brand but it's also very costly in India.
unfortunately, he is right, nothing to match ifixit level of quality. I do have the MI screwdriver set as a backup and it works great too. Don't buy the cheap Chinese stuff.

These guys make good/OK stuff.
Tuzker also seems to make some screwdriver sets and the rating is also good in Amazon.
I don't think Amazon basics are any good either, but they might not be bad for occasional use. The thing is unless you are buying from a brand that makes tools/power tools, you are indirectly buying from a cheap Chinese OEM manufacturer and there is no guarantee of the steel used, quality, and testing.
I was also thinking of buying Amazon Basics.

I have bought an Amazon basics screwdriver set in the past and the quality was not good, a few bits just gave way. I have stuck to tool manufacturers since then. Tuzker has good reviews but again, they are just importers and don't make tools per se or any of the stuff they sell under that brand. If you need one just for basic stuff

it will get you by.

Any suggestions for good set (of Amazon basics not adequate quality for long run)?

Need 62+ set, which may be used anytime, (however noted that, have to hardly open pc case nowadays)

Any suggestions for good set (of Amazon basics not adequate quality for long run)?

Need 62+ set, which may be used anytime, (however noted that, have to hardly open pc case nowadays)
I won't recommend a 62+ set of one screwdriver why? well, I love tools and over the years have accumulated a lot of them, precision, hand, and power tools. Get a set of 25-30 bits for precision work. For PC you don't need a precision set, all you need is a PH1-PH2 screwdriver with a long shaft and that's it. Precision drivers don't have a long arm and are a pain.

So a set of 25-30 bits for precision and a set of 30+ for regular work with Cr-V or S2 steel bits and a shaft that won't give way if you use it a bit roughly. Also, buy a ratchet driver, don't worry about the bits, standard bits are generally 1/4" so you can use them interchangeably.

I was also looking for such a kit, but couldn`t find anything good. Inspite of those xiaomi type ones being good as per reviews and many ppl's feedback in this forum as well, it it metal and there is a possibility of shock.
For 80% of the hobby work I do, this stanley kit works and it is well made, but no magnetic effect, I use a seperate magnet attached to it.
Yup, this is my go-to for any basic work, unless I am tinkering with some old radio or other obscure electronics. The only issue with these drivers is they have no torque as the handle is thin but again they are meant for precision work so I can give them a pass on that.

And here is a pro tip to get any (almost all) screwdriver magnetized, get one of these small neodymium magnets,

and anytime you want to magnetize a screwdriver bit just run it along the length of the bit and you can demagnetize it by running the magnet perpendicular to the length of the bit. Here is a video explaining the process. This has been a lifesaver and the magnetization is so strong I can pick up three screws with it :D

Last edited:
Similar to Stanley, Taparia also has screwdriver sets.
Taparia PSFP-6 Precision Screw Driver Set, Orange & Black, 6 Pieces

I haven't bought any of their precision screw drivers but both Taparia and Stanley do make other tools and they are of good quality.

Itte me pura motherboard aa jayega :D :D

It's too much for anyone man you are not alone
I think Stanley or Taparia should work fine for most of the cases. But some hard torqued screw needs special treatment(one screw near my laptop disk bay has defeated all the screwdrivers I tried). I probably need to drill it out.

12k is not high, it's plain absurd. Wtf is wrong with this pricing. Anyway I have been looking for a precision set for a long while. Bought stanley, taparia all, all rubbish. If there's a really good one within 1k-2k budget please mention.

Back