Graphic Cards Price for an old out of warranty Palit HD4870

Wanted to know what will an old out of warranty Palit HD4870 will cost me ( or should cost me:p)

Alos will it run well on on CX430 v2.

I have a Q8400 stock + 3Hdds runningon the PSU currently with a G31Es2L

HD4870 will work ok on Corsair CX430V2.Don't know the exact amount as HD4870 is OOP,It shouldn't be more than 1k or maybe less.

Firstly he is looking to buy the card I guess. 2ndly, even though its OOP and OOW he should not be able to get it for less than 2.5 to 3k I guess. I mean its a good card for running even the latest games at medium settings. Dont expect anything less.

You're not joking right,A brand new HD6670 comes for 4.8k with 3 years warranty and you're telling HD4870 which performs way off than HD7670 without warranty should be for 3k?,It shouldn't even be for 1.5k.
Firstly he is looking to buy the card I guess. 2ndly, even though its OOP and OOW he should not be able to get it for less than 2.5 to 3k I guess. I mean its a good card for running even the latest games at medium settings. Dont expect anything less.

HD4870 performance is comparable with 5770/6770. only downside is the power consumption.
and i don't think anyone will be selling it for 1.5k at least for another year. then it depends on sellers
urgency.

You're not joking right,A brand new HD6670 comes for 4.8k with 3 years warranty and you're telling HD4870 which performs way off than HD7670 without warranty should be for 3k?,It shouldn't even be for 1.5k.

Respect to whatever you are doing in the comp price section but please get your facts right

AnandTech - Bench - GPU12

Above is a comparision between 4870 and 6670

AnandTech - Bench - GPU12

And here is a comparison with 7750. 4870 and 7750 are comparable keeping performance in mind and not power consumption.

If you can find a 4870 in 1.5k, please do let know. I am ready to purchase the whole stock and sell it for a profit.

SO Ultima, what should be the right price for the card, one without any warranty left.
And as I see the load power consumption as a whopping 317 watts.
Will a CX430 v2 handle it.

The 317 watts shown there is the power consumption of the whole system including everything. A CX 430 should be able to provide enough juice without any problems. The approximate power consumption for you should peak at 280 or something since your GPU will rarely be under full loads even with the most tasking games.

I suggest you try to find something in the ~3k range. You might be able to find good deals. If you do, and if its out of warranty, aim for 2.5k. I doubt that the seller will go for it but still worth a chance.

I am gonna buy a used HD 4870 and I have a CX 430 v2 to run it on.
It has only 1 PCI-E connector and he card needs two of the suckers :(.

So what are my options now. Ultima here mentioned that the PSU has enuf power to run the card so I just need a connector right.
Some sort of extra molex to PCI-E cable.

Where can I get it and how much will it cost me.

2.5-3K is a very fair price for a used 4870, which is a great card. It runs hot though, and consumes more power compared to the 5XXX and above series. I would suggest buying a 5770 to go with that PSU instead.

I would be happy to get a 5770 if I can find one for under 3k. But you gotta take what you get right.
And the 4870 if absolutely fine for my purpose.

I just need the damn connector for it. Guys pls help get one. IF someone around here has a spare one pls let me know.
If not pls inform me where can I get one and the expected price so I dont get ripped off.

Back