Graphic Cards Price of hd4870 and good hd monitor?

mtsandeep

Disciple
I am building a new system,
I have decided to go with either phenom II 550BE or 720BE.
Mother board based on 790fx/ sb750 (not finalized)

I want your help in finding a hd monitor 20'' and want to know the latest price of hd 4870 and the best brands to go with.
Thanks.

Sapphire and Powercolor are the best in ATI, and of which Sapphire is prefereble by almost all ATI lovers.

4870 512MB costs 9k and 1GB costs 10.5k. As you are goin for 20", mostly 1680*1050, you wont notice even 2% increase in performance with the 1GB. SO 512MB all the way.

btw, HD monitors start at 22".

Sammy 2233sw[9k]/benq g2220HD[8.5k],benq e2200HD [10.5k],dell s2209 etc are good ones.

ok, thanks. so i have decided to go with benq if its available in my area.

One more doubt,
I will be using my pc for animation needs, like maya, 3ds max etc.
How important is a graphics card?

I was looking at HD 4770, HD 4870, and HD 4850. For my needs which one will be better.

I think HD4770 and HD4870 has Gddr5 and 4850 with gddr3. How will all these affect my needs??
can u help me with this ...

DAMN ! I got a MSI ATI 4850 1GB for Rs.9.1k a few months back and am shocked to know that I could have got a 4870 for that much now !!

Its normal, price of computer parts will decrease after a few months. So after a few months you may be able to buy a 5870 for 9.5k...

so chill

:)

mtsandeep said:
Its normal, price of computer parts will decrease after a few months. So after a few months you may be able to buy a 5870 for 9.5k...

so chill

:)

It will not happen so quickly, ATI would like to milch there current advange position as much as possible, Unless Nvidia launches a card equal or better then the present 5700 Series. Why would ATI reduce the price when they have no card's to compete with it.

Though i would grab the said card even if i get it for 12K if it is avilable at that price any sooner.

goodakash said:
DAMN ! I got a MSI ATI 4850 1GB for Rs.9.1k a few months back and am shocked to know that I could have got a 4870 for that much now !!

Exactly how many months back?
Even i got mine for 9k, some 3 months back...got Indian warranty as well :)
Is urs a GDDR5 version or something[like one Palit have] ?

dOm1naTOr said:
Exactly how many months back?
Even i got mine for 9k, some 3 months back...got Indian warranty as well :)
Is urs a GDDR5 version or something[like one Palit have] ?

Me too. Got it around 3months back. And mine is not even GDDR5 one :mad: coz it was for around 11-12k at that time !!
Yours is a GDDR5 version ?????? :ashamed:

mtsandeep said:
ok, thanks. so i have decided to go with benq if its available in my area.

One more doubt,
I will be using my pc for animation needs, like maya, 3ds max etc.
How important is a graphics card?

I was looking at HD 4770, HD 4870, and HD 4850. For my needs which one will be better.

I think HD4770 and HD4870 has Gddr5 and 4850 with gddr3. How will all these affect my needs??
can u help me with this ...
can any one look into this??

Mine is 4870 :D

9k 3 months back, when ATI just slashed prices and it reflected Indian market. Then prices went back to a bit high.

btw @ OP

even if 4770 has GDDR5, it has 128 bit interface, that makes ot somewhat same lever of 4850 DDR3 with 256 bit interface. Dunno much bpout animation needs, but 4850 1G@ 7.3k and 4870 512 @ 9k has excellent vfm. You wont go wrong with either of these.

mtsandeep said:
Btw, after looking at benq G2220HD it doesn't have HDMI , how will that affect the display. ?

It wouldn't affect the display. It accepts digital signals via the DVI port. DVI & HDMI ports do not make a difference in the quality of the signal.

Back