CPU/Mobo Price of Intel Q9XXX / Extreme versions in Nehru place

divaykaushik

Disciple
Hello Friends,

I had bought a hd 5970 last month. But now I'm having underperformance issues :(.
Currently i have a q6600 and want to upgrade the core.
Please can anyone tell me the price of intel q9XXX series
and the extreme versions price of nehru place .

Thanks.

Re: HD 5970 underperformance !!

What do you mean exactly when you say it's 'underperforming'?

And what config are you comparing your setup to?

What is your full pc config, including psu?

Well if u have a q6600 its obviously bottlenecking ur GPU... q9XXX series is kinda expensive for the performance they provide ud be better off changing ur whole setup to better suit tht monster of a gfx card...

^^even a dual core above 3.5 ghz doesnt bottle neck a 5970

theres no way a quadcore will bottle neck a 5970 at any speed above 2.0 - 2.2 ghz

labrodor100 said:
^^even a dual core above 3.5 ghz doesnt bottle neck a 5970

theres no way a quadcore will bottle neck a 5970 at any speed above 2.0 - 2.2 ghz

it is better not to post BS like that.

divaykaushik said:
Hello Friends,

I had bought a hd 5970 last month. But now I'm having underperformance issues :(.

Thanks.
How you ascertained that it is performing low, not doubting you, but want to know the methodology. Did you bench it on 3D Vantage and/or play any games/game benchmarks. Try Warhead, RE5, BC2, Metro for starters. Let us know. Also which board and HSF you have. Some OC could help the HD5970. Which Radeon drivers...?

labrodor100 said:
@madnav

u shud google and kno ur stuff before commenting lyk that

CPU Scaling With The Radeon HD 5970 - Core i7 Scaling
You are comparing Nehalam and Conroe/Yorkfield architecture :p If a Nehalam Quad at 2.2GHz doesnt bottleneck it doesnt mean a Conroe/Yorkfield should also follow suit. :bleh:

http://www.legionhardware.com/articles_pages/cpu_scaling_with_the_radeon_hd_5970,20.html

Same article comparing K10.5 architecture scaling.

32FPS at 2GHz and 42 FPS at 3.2GHz. Its a ~30% difference

labrodor100 said:
@madnav

Yeah, but he does not have i7. He does not even have Q9550. And there is 10-15% difference between Q6600 and Q9550 depending on the app set. i7 platform can match Q9550 or whoop Q9550's ass to kingdom kong depending on which game and which card you use in your system and how much you clock it to. Do not expect Q9550 and Q6600 to behave like i7 from that review when you oc it or underclock it.

@OP, you need to properly describe your issue if you need a proper solution.

Q6600 and 5970 is big mismatch regardless your issue. But you need properly state where you think its under performing, (Apps, games, ) along with rest of your system config.

labrodor100 said:
@madnav

is i7 the quad core here under discussion?

this was clearly a case about Core2

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

and maybe this to see if the concerned quat is at all a bottleneck

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

PS: sorry i was harsh and hurt you.. but honestly it was merely a suggestion.

divaykaushik said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks.
post your complete config

including at what res. u play games(though i assume its 1080p)

Wonder what resolution the OP is playing at. Better be greater than 1920 x 1080, else the HD5970 will sit there doing jack, no matter which processor is paired....!

asingh said:
Wonder what resolution the OP is playing at. Better be greater than 1920 x 1080, else the HD5970 will sit there doing jack, no matter which processor is paired....!
+1 For asingh's post, higher the resolution more the GPU's power needed, at 1920 X 1080 or higher cpu won't make a difference. :)

You need to get on the X58 boat to see the most out of that card. Im not sure a AMD X6 is a good idea for gaming and will do your card justice , double check that dont take my word for it.

Sorry for not replying. I was busy on my admission formailites at DCE. First of all this is my brother's PC.
I have a 980x, 2x hd 5970, 6GB dominator gtx2, evga x58 4 way classified...rest you can imagine., so don't worry about me.
It is my brother's computer now. AND initially it had hd 5770, but i was getting a discount on 5970 so i bought 3. Now the problem is that I've playing almost 20 games on it and none of them have shown the potential of this montrous card. I had tried on all of the resolutions including 2560x1600 also AND I"M NOT COMPARING TO THE I7 SETUP. I know how the card performs and I know when it underperforms. So please take this seriously and give logical solutions to the problem. I discussed it on another forum and they said that the core might be the problem, thats why i asked for it.
The total config of the pc is.
q6600 at 3.8Ghz
8GB XMS2
evga 780i
hx 850
hd 5970
coolermaster v8
seagate 1TB 7200rpm.

Now the problem is real. I was barely getting 40 fps in crysis warhead at 1920x1080 at gamer settings.
What do you guys think.??

AND I have the latest drivers installed, the resolution is 1920x1080, the score on 3d mark vantage is 16277 on performance, which 3500 lower than usual.

I know this a wierd config and that is why i need you guys who might have a better solution than mine

Two options :-

1.Replace Q6600 with q9550

or

2.Replace q6600 with i7 920/930

Edit 1:-

If u want Logical solution then pls describe ur problem in first post + Mention spec. of ur PC .

Edit 2:-

ATi's latest 10.6 drivers are buggy . Try 10.4.

Back