Price updates from S.P. Road (Bangalore)

Am up for this task, lets go hunt these monitors locally in Bangalore.
My friend has seen them in US, he is awe struck.
You think some SP Road shop will have it on display? Either this or we should just ask somebody in bangalore who owns those monitors.
Update asap here if you find them and also which 1 did u select.

From what I have heard so far is Asus has QC issues plaguing the new monitor models. Acer don,t have QC issues like Asus but they do have it to some point. Panel wise Acer is better then Asus. Asus is know for its backlight bleeding issue. You can check newegg for reviews. Material wise Asus looks and feels premium and Acer build quality s**ks.
According to Indian market Acer is readily available from dealers since Acer has a large market in monitor segments then Asus. Pricing 3k extra for Asus then Acer and Asus takes 7 to 15 days from any dealer least i have inquired all said the same thing.[DOUBLEPOST=1469528074][/DOUBLEPOST]Seems Aashirwad Computers has one readily available and the price quote is 67K for Asus ROG PG279Q. Acer they don't have but the price is 63K

Last edited:
Its better to go with Asus ROG 1440p IPS monitors if you have to wait a bit longer.
Got Asus ROG PG279Q for 71k. Did a Gamble and seems it worked out I got a less Backlight bleeding monitor after all. Am happy with the purchase :)

That 67 quote was without tax. What a way to update the price to a customer.

I am planning to buy a GTX 1060 6GB or RX 480 8GB next week, can someone please tell me the price for this two cards in SP road. Also i bought from SP road only once, can you guys please recommend any shops. And is there any dual fan model available for RX 480?

I am planning to buy a GTX 1060 6GB or RX 480 8GB next week, can someone please tell me the price for this two cards in SP road. Also i bought from SP road only once, can you guys please recommend any shops. And is there any dual fan model available for RX 480?
Wait for the Custom solutions from the AIB partners for RX 480. They should be out very soon. I bought the components from Ankit Infotech a couple of years back. Golcha IT is another reputed shop.

Last edited:
Wait for the Customer solutions from the partner for RX 480. They should be out very soon. I bought the components from Ankit Infotech a couple of years back. Golcha IT is another reputed shop.
Thank you, hope the new RX 480 models will be out by next week.

Golcha IT is another reputed shop.
couple of years ago golcha tried to sell me a 560ti for 13k.
Not saying golcha is bad but that one should do research on their own before and be prepared with all the relevant info even when dealing with a reputed store.

is SP Road shops open today, i mean sunday. Want to buy few things today from there.
i dont think so. i remember reading another post that it's shut on sundays. i think this is common across the country as richie street (chennai) is closed too. wouldn't be surprised if its the same at nehru place and lamington road.

Anandit Infotech as well. Basically, the team from Ankit broke up into Ashirwad and Anandit. All are good stores and give competetive prices (+/- 0.5%).

Thank you @Crapmypants , will visit tomorrow morning then. What shop would you recommend in SP road?

Golchha IT, Ashirwad Computers, Ankit Computers.

@kolayamit: i haven't shopped at sp yet (bought cpu+gpu used and rest is online)
but the ones posted by bssunilreddy are frequented by TE members.
just be sure to know what you want and research it (and competing products) as a common tactic with shops is to show you an inferior product and claim it's as good or better than what you want.
be sure to take your time, visit multiple stores and watch for tactics such as "this is the last piece and someone is coming to check it out" or any way they try to rush you.
information is your only weapon against getting scammed.
based on my experience at nehru place and richie street for prior builds.
btw, what are you planning on buying?

Back