Car & Bike Pricing advice: Dec 2004 Second Hand Single Spark RE Thunderbird.

how is the overall maintenance of the bike?? condition of the paint job??? any sign of accidents or any other dents??? have you test ridden the bike?? does the engine feel like its running alright??? how many kms does it have???

just assuming that the bike is well maintained and does not have any other problems except that its old and second hand, i guess 75K should be an okayish price.. you can still bargain and see if it comes down to about 60K.. considering the bike is almost 8 yrs old, i think the price should atleast come down by about 45 to 50 percent.. the current price should be around Rs. 120000.. so even by todays prices, 50 percent is about 60K. 8 yrs earlier the price of a new thunderbird must have been around Rs. 110000 or max Rs. 115000....

unless and untill the bike is very very well maintained and doesnt have any maintenance overheads after you've purchased, i guess you can pay around 65 to 70K max..

I HEREBY DECLARE THAT THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS ENTIRELY MY PERSONAL OPINION. NO TROLLING SHALL HEREBY BE ENTERTAINED. THE ABOVE STATEMENT REFLECTS ENTIRELY MY PERSONAL VIEWS AND IS NOT ANALYTIC OF THE CURRENT MARKET TRENDS IN ANY WAY.

123.gif

^^ i agree with the above post, but i feel 60-65k is the max you should be willing to pay for that bike again judging by the condition of the bike.

how is the overall maintenance of the bike?? condition of the paint job??? any sign of accidents or any other dents??? have you test ridden the bike?? does the engine feel like its running alright??? how many kms does it have???

just assuming that the bike is well maintained and does not have any other problems except that its old and second hand, i guess 75K should be an okayish price.. you can still bargain and see if it comes down to about 60K.. considering the bike is almost 8 yrs old, i think the price should atleast come down by about 45 to 50 percent.. the current price should be around Rs. 120000.. so even by todays prices, 50 percent is about 60K. 8 yrs earlier the price of a new thunderbird must have been around Rs. 110000 or max Rs. 115000....

unless and untill the bike is very very well maintained and doesnt have any maintenance overheads after you've purchased, i guess you can pay around 65 to 70K max..

I HEREBY DECLARE THAT THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS ENTIRELY MY PERSONAL OPINION. NO TROLLING SHALL HEREBY BE ENTERTAINED. THE ABOVE STATEMENT REFLECTS ENTIRELY MY PERSONAL VIEWS AND IS NOT ANALYTIC OF THE CURRENT MARKET TRENDS IN ANY WAY.

123.gif

I had a ride of the bike and its well maintained. It has a nice torque and some really good thump. Its thump is way better then currently available bikes. So considering that I have to bargain hard. How much should I go for?

the torque and thump is present in all the enfields.. infact, the thump is the least in the thunderbird due to the stock exhausts... still, i wouldnt recommend more than 60 to 65K.. the owner must also have quoted keeping in mind that anyone who buys is gonna bargain.. .

75k is a bit high, thats almost the price it sold for, and frankly a thunderbird (although a really good bike) cannot command similar equity as a Machismo or classic CI model, so you should be getting a better price unless it has very low kms run.

55-65k is a reasonable range.

For reference there is 08 model CI electra avaliable for ~80k here in pune (a very fair price IMO) so scale accordingly.

Back