Pricing trends

shirish

Skilled
Hi all,
A slightly [OT] question but have people seen some stability in cell-phone prices or do they go on dropping the price forever, in the low-end have seen prices stable for about 1k what about something like Nokia N91 or something equally expensive, some things which were in the 30k range & available for how much now? Looking for some kinda pattern here, some company phones more prone to price changes than others? or some phones having or lack of features more prone to price features? This would be interesting to find out.

Afaik the pricing is generally dictated by the following:

1) introduction of a newer model

2) competitors fone models and pricing

3) popularity of the fone

Other than that i haven't observed any particular trends :)

ok one trend that I have noticed in Nokia models is that lower graded models(Youth models) are more prone fr a cut in price then classic models..
ie 3000 series are more likely to have a cut price then say 6000 series or N series.............
Fr Ex. N70 debuted at 25k and is now selling at 18k (after a runnin period of arnd 9 months)

3250 havin almost same feature set and maybe even better box package debuted at 19.9 and in 3 weeks is down to 16.7k
so we are expecting a further cut in 3250's price (arnd 2k)

whereas N70 is likely to stabilise arnd 17k

Nokia always price high for new models and than reducing in it as another models entered in market.

As per me Nokai never offered value for money for NEW MODELS.

well i think 3250 is positioned extremely well.........

fr 16.6k u get a phone that is top of line smartphone and comes with 512 mb memory in the box.... still u can get W800i fr 15k which has better camera and sound

but then u gotta pay fr the brand and more importantly the resale value.

hmm, I think I veered outt the topic, sorry.

Ya,

Nokia have good resale value.

With SE if you get bad phone it is hard to get good resale value (same condition even if your SE hadnset is untouched while resale)

If you get some problem with Nokia and make up your mind to sell, it will give you more price than SE

Back