Printer for home use

For low to moderate usage, and if you need a MFD, then this is fine. I have the similar Ink Tank printer model which is working fine since last couple of years.
I have also ordered a canon inktank, few questions:
1. Which model do you have?
2. What is the longest you have gone without using it, does it print normally after not being used for a while?
3. How many pages have you printed yet and how much ink did you use?

I have also ordered a canon inktank, few questions:
1. Which model do you have?
Canon G5070
2. What is the longest you have gone without using it, does it print normally after not being used for a while?
Around 4 months. Yes it worked fine even after that gap.
3. How many pages have you printed yet and how much ink did you use?
Usage is 10-20 pages per month. But have printed a 500 page manual few months before. Mostly B/W and very limited color use. I did print 3-4 color photographs (on photo paper) around 8-10 months back.
I am still with the original ink bottles. My only complaint is that the printer startup and printing rates are both slow.

I am still with the original ink bottles. My only complaint is that the printer startup and printing rates are both slow.
Thanks, my usage will be also similar about 10-15 pages a month. I had a hp inkjet but that printer gave me nightmares, hopefully this will be better.

HPs and Epsons more often that not develop issues if you try to use anything but their official cartons/ink. This is by design to make you pay more for the official ink. Not very sure about Canon. My next printer is going to be Brother as by all sources, they seem to be less problematic than the other brands.

Brother is the way to go, can confirm. You'll have to pay an arm and leg just to refill ink on the HP printers. Hopefully get a model with an inbuilt ink tank type attachment as those are the ones easiest to refill and usually more accepting of other inks

HPs and Epsons more often that not develop issues if you try to use anything but their official cartons/ink. This is by design to make you pay more for the official ink. Not very sure about Canon. My next printer is going to be Brother as by all sources, they seem to be less problematic than the other brands.
I'm not sure of the newer models...but I have a few HP laser printers that are about 5-6 years old and they don't really give me that much trouble with generic cartridges.

Back