PC Peripherals PRINTER - is repair worth it....????????

sunandoghosh

Disciple
PRINTER - is repair worth it....????????

Hi friends

I have one EPSON LX 300 dot matrix printer which i have been using from last three years.

Now some problem has arisen and it is now beyond my ability to troubleshoot. Seems there is something seriously wrong with the printer.

Problem is that its out of warranty and therefore when i got in touch with EPSON service centre at Kolkata; they said that they would charge RS 351/- to see the printer and if there is minor fault they will rectify it then and there at no further additional charge.

However if there is some major fault or major repair needed, I will have to pay NOT only rs 351/- but also service charges (to be determined when they see the printer after i pay rs 351 for seeing) and also if there is any parts replacement needed...the required parts charge...

DU U THINK THAT ITS WORTH REPAIR....I MEAN I HAVE NO IDEA AS TO WHICH IS BETTER DECISION...TO PURCHASE A NEW PRINTER OR GET THIS ONE REPAIRED...?????????????????????

REGARDS

sunando

351 for just seeing the printer is daylight robbery..... I think you should take it to any other service centre(not an epson official centre) and see what he says. It will cost you waaaay lesser than 351/-

my Epson 480C had a minor problem and the Epson Service Centre charged Rs.250/- to service it. The minor problem was rectified.

I mainly took it there as i couldn't find any other reliable service engineer here.

Back